Surf Tour Instructor & Boat Sales Associate
- Tommy's Slalom Shop
- Multiple Locations
- Denver, Orlando
- 1 year(s)
- Not Available
Tommy's is in search of a Boat Sales Associate/Surf Tour Instructor to join the team in Golden, CO, as well as Clermont, FL.
ABOUT TOMMY'S //
Tommy’s is a Malibu/Axis dealership with a service center, and wake/surf pro shop. We are located in four different locations, including Walloon Lake, MI, Grand Rapids, MI, Golden, CO, and Clermont, FL.
For more information on Tommy’s, go to our website at www.gettommys.com
POSITION SUMMARY //
The Boat Sales Associate/Surf Tour Instructor is responsible for learning all Tommy’s departments and the services each department provides, including service, pro shop, and waterfront (if applicable). The Boat Sales Associate/Surf Tour Instructor in responsible for the sales of Tommy’s boats, while up-selling the sale with services from other departments. The Boat Sales Associate/Surf Tour Instructor is responsible for ensuring all customers leave with a desire to return to the Tommy’s business.
Tommy’s full time, year-round employees are offered paid time off, holidays, a competitive wage, and access to health insurance. Tommy’s is a rapidly growing company that values their employees and offers a fun and challenging work space. Our employees also have several opportunities to get onboard a Malibu/Axis boat to try a water sports activity of their choosing!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES //
1.) CUSTOMER & COMMUNITY RELATIONSHIP:
• Participate in creating and executing a forward-looking, detailed plan for events and time spent with customers on their lakes that will generate revenue and build the Tommy’s brand
• Actively reach out to, and connect with as many customers as possible in the community and surrounding communities
• Listen to, and actively engage with customers in order to find solutions that meet their specific watersports needs
• Assist in Surf Tour when needed – travel to different lakes, pick up customers and teach them to surf. Ensure all contact information is gathered and actively try to turn each surf tour experience into a sale
• Be available and responsive to customers at all times of the week or day
2.) SALES/SALES PREPARATION
• Sell boats!
• Ensure monthly/annual sales goals (revenue and margin) are met or exceeded
• Maintain accurate customer lead list and record all interactions with customers in CRM
• Maintain accurate boat inventory in Dealership Advantage, including quality photos of boat inventory
• Ensure all boat inventory is accurately updated on line at boattrader.com, onlyininboards.com, gettommys.com, craigslist.com, etc.
• Provide weekly lead updates to the Sales Manager
• Maintain constant communication with all Tommy’s departments and other Tommy’s locations on leads and upcoming sales
• Participate in the ordering and scheduling of new boat inventory
• Keep the boat sales lot and displayed inventory clean and organized
• Work extended hours in the busy season (May-September)
• Write complete and accurate sales contracts, explain them to the customer, obtain signatures and file in a timely and accurate manner.
• Perform a trade in evaluation; assign an accurate value to the boat and process a used boat trade through the Tommy’s system.
• Be aware of competitors and keep friendly competition – prove to the customer why we deserve them as a customer
• Stay connected with what is going on in the boat/watersport industry (events, contests, pro rider news) and passionately share this info with customers to generate interest in what we are selling
• Engage with Tommy’s service and pro shop customers to create leads for boat sales
• Work side by side with the service and pro shop department – brainstorm how the departments can work together and introduce all customers to all departments
• Upsell the service and pro shop department with each boat sale
• Other tasks as requested by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES // To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Service: Ability to serve our customers respectfully and efficiently. Understand that the customer is our number one priority, and serving them is what will make us successful. Be able to work with high net worth individuals. Be able to work with customers in the shop, on the water, and at the customer’s personal residence.
Selling: Gain our customers trust through selling our products with enthusiasm and true passion
Watersport: Ability to learn the water sport industry, as well as learn how to use the products we sell and promote (surfing, skiing, etc.)
Communication: Able to interact professionally with colleagues, clients, and company personnel, able to clearly and effectively communicate information both orally and in writing
Humility: ability to honestly and openly communicate any mistakes or mishaps made and have the ability to learn from them.
• Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office required. Experience with CounterPoint preferred
• Boating/Watersport Experience: experience with boats required. Experience with watersports preferred
• Trailering: ability to trailer and launch boats required
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
TO APPLY // Please submit your brief cover letter and resume through Malakye.
Competitive Wage | Paid Time Off & Holidays | Health Insurance | 401K | Fun Work Space | Opportunities to take Malibu / Axis Boat out for water sports activities!