BlackStrap Industries is a US-made ski, snowboard & outdoor activewear company that makes products to protect you from the elements and keep you outdoors and adventuring longer. BlackStrap is a privately held company that believes in innovation, sustainability, and strong relationships with our employees, vendors, consumers, and the planet.
What started as a one-man shop in a garage in 2008 and has grown to become a leader in the outdoor industry. Our products bring new innovations with the infusion of fashion and we are set to become a global leader in the outdoor space.
Based in Bend, Oregon, in the heart of the Cascade Mountain range, with a small team we work collaboratively to release new exciting products year over year that helps to keep people in the outdoors longer. Come join the BlackStrap team where you can live, work, and play.
We are seeking an In House Social Media Manager for a key role within our Marketing department that’s obsessed with cultivating, building, and maintaining the digital/social communities for BlackStrap. We’re seeking a collaborative, highly motivated, creative individual with a pulse on the latest social media trends and a passion for being on a tight, high-performing, and motivated team.
The Social Media Manager will define and execute BlackStrap’s social media growth strategy. This includes the day-to-day management of organic storytelling, paid ads, and community management, to drive awareness, traffic, engagement, and conversions across multiple social media outlets. This role interacts cross-functionally with Brand Marketing, Content Development, Digital Marketing, and the Sales Department to support company objectives while ensuring consistency in the voice and tone across all social channels.
Our ideal candidate will have a demonstrated passion for connecting active/outdoor brands to consumers via social media, combined with business savvy skills for leveraging creative partnerships and promotions while engaging in an authentic way through relevant social media content. This role is key in representing our consumers’ social experience. A dedication to working hands-on, with a love of the outdoors and experience in the Outdoor/Action Sports Industry is a bonus.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Develop and maintain a high level of community engagement across relevant social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube) in support of growth objectives that result in increased brand advocacy and awareness
• Own and develop the social media content calendar, including leading meetings to review plans and solicit input on future opportunities
• Identify best practices to promote all products and initiatives
• Be at the forefront of social trends, technology, and tools
• Share best practices and how to engage and build a community
Reporting & Analytics
• Develop dashboard and own reporting and analysis (weekly, monthly, quarterly) of all organic social channels and influencers
• Establish KPI targets across all social channels and influencers
• Prepare analytics and insights reviews (monthly, quarterly, annually) across platforms with actions for growth, engagement, new followers, and top-performing creative
• Report on competitor social activity
• Test, learn & adapt to optimize social media posts
• Develop and execute paid social strategy
• Own ad planning and launch, working with internal creative & Marketing team on content creation
• Recommend opportunities to leverage paid to organic (and vice versa)
Affiliates & Collaboration Efforts
• Maintain & continue to develop current relationships with various Brand Voices including Brand/Retail Partners, In House Athletes & Ambassadors, Social Media Influencers, etc.
• Build relationships with influencers and monitor/track actions taken to support growth objectives
• Test and learn to maximize the value of partnerships with influencers
• Identify opportunities to grow affiliate network and leverage synergies with influencers
• Assist in managing influencer platform
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Relevant Field
• A minimum of 3+ years experience in understanding, developing, growing, and sustaining a wide range of social media outlets, initiatives, campaigns, and influencer programs.
• Proven experience using Facebook Ads Manager
• This is an in house, full time, salaried position that includes PTO and full medical and dental benefits
• The duties outlined in this job announcement are not all-inclusive and additional duties and tasks will be assigned as required.
• There will be less than 10% travel required for this job.