Technical Apparel Designer
- Cotton Links + California
- United States
- Santa Ana
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
Cotton Links + CA is a leading Lifestyle/Outdoor brand currently looking for a Technical Apparel Designer to join their team for an immediate position!
• Responsible for creating styles from concept to completion
• Assist in market research, creating seasonal inspiration boards, designs, tech pack creation and fit.
• Responsible for all design details from rough sketches to completion of tech packs and updating BOM, fit comments, and design details as needed.
• Responsible for material selection, color details, and styling details.
• Responsible for knowledge of cost components and ability to design products that hit margin targets.
• Create computer design; sketches, graphics, print artwork, multiple colorways and storyboards.
• Create visual presentations and follow up with all design details.
• Responsible for presentation of designs at line reviews and product launch.
• Oversee the fitting of garments and review product details to ensure product execution meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards.
• Review details on prototypes with developer and merchandiser. Share responsibility with development and production for final product result.
• Demonstrate strong teamwork skills through cooperating with cross –functional team members and remain focused.
• Adhere to all calendar dates
• Years of Related Professional Experience: 5+
• Associate/Bachelor Degree in related field preferred
• Pattern rendering experience is a plus
• Multimedia experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of design techniques and processes
• Excellent sense of style and color
• Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
• Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multitasking in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient in computer design programs, (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
• Knowledge of fit, fabric and color.
• Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees and others with whom the company conducts business
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, procedures and other business practices, guidelines and documents