CLCA is a well-established leading company with a long history of success within the apparel space. We specialize in private label manufacturing, development, sourcing and building in-house brands. We are seeking a well experienced Patternmaker to advance and evolve design intent into production-ready patterns. You ensure that patterns meet and reflect quality, fit and construction standards. The Patternmaker will work from our Orange County office and will be responsible for interpreting design, create prototype, sample and production patterns, ensuring that methods and documentation are consistent with known factory methods and processes.
Summary of Position:
Working from our corporate office and reporting to the President, the primary responsibility of the Pattern Maker is to manage the pattern, spec and grading process for all projects. Cotton Links implementing automated cutting room, with 3D design and advance pattern making and management technology. With new and emerging technologies, the pattern maker will be responsible for learning any new software and technologies to help improve all related processes… auto maker, 3D , virtual fitting… Additionally, you will work closely with production team to ensure all production runs are running within specifications standards.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Work with design & pre-production team on fit specifics.
- Translate the design sketch &/or sample into a spec sheet
- Prepare, maintain & update spec sheets
- You maintain grading when modifying production patterns
- You provide accurate raw material yields to Product Developers during prototype development.
- You contribute to the creation and use of block pattern library
- You work with design to establish standard fit by product category and end use and ensure product size and fit consistency
- College/university degree is preferred.
- 3–5-year experience is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be self-starter, motivated and able to work and think independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel and Outlook.
- Timely follow through for execution of design & production schedule
- Experience in attending fittings and perform corrections within spec sheet & drawing in Illustrator
Please submit resume and work samples or link to portfolio site through Malakye.com