Canyon Bicycles is an incredibly solid and growing brand. We’re looking for a Bike Mechanic to join the team in Chino, Ca. For the right person, this is an incredible opportunity.
This position is primarily responsible for the assembly of bicycles while maintaining a high level of productivity and quality. Additional duties may include repair and tuning of bicycles.
Summary of Role and Responsibilities
• Complete assembly of bicycles as per direction of Lead Mechanic and Trainer.
• Quality Checks by use of checklist.
• Inspect bicycles (new and returned) and repair as appropriate, including the exchange of worn or damaged parts.
• Track, record and maintain progress of assembly.
• Track and record daily duties for accurate performance tracking.
• Meet or exceed daily productivity goals.
• Check/control and prepare all manufactured parts, components and additional equipment for dimensional accuracy and quality as well as functionality and ensure alignment with work orders
• Follow all specified assembly guidelines and torque specifications.
• May use and maintain cutting machinery
• Consult with colleagues and supervisor for problem resolution and ensuring parts are in sufficient supply
• Record defects and complaints
• Maintain a safe, clean, and efficient work area
• Occasionally help support outside departments – Picking and Packaging
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in technical repair capacity and/or rework of bicycles or similar product
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Driven to deliver high quality
• Resilient, flexible, team-oriented and quick to understand and follow predetermined processes
• Interest in cycling
• Knowledge and expertise to assemble and high end traditional and modern bicycles (ex. - electronic shifting, suspension, hydraulic brakes)
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Successfully completed vocational education program as mechanic
• Comfortable navigating around computer and more specifically Microsoft Office programs like Excel and Outlook