Canyon Bicycles has a great opportunity open for a Customer Support Specialist to join the team at U.S. headquarters in Carlsbad, Ca. In addition to being a great job, at a great brand, working with great people, we offer 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision, and a lot more.
This position directly reports to the Sales and Customer Support Manager, Canyon USA.
Why Work Here?
“Inspirational team leadership, great work environment, disruptor business model, EXCELLENT benefits, discounts on bike and related products!”
Customer Support Specialist
Dear Candidate- Please note- we support our local community with our applicant search; therefore, we are focused on San Diego County for candidates at this time. While at this time most of our staff works remotely, the position is in Carlsbad, CA and we will eventually resume working out of our offices Winter 2022.
Please send us your resume if you are someone PASSIONATE about cycling or an adventurer in the great outdoors. Customer Support or relevant CS experience is a must.
This is a non-exempt position with an opportunity for overtime during peak season and a robust incentive plan. Total compensation is between $50K and $60K annually. Additionally, full-time employees of Canyon receive an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, as well as 401K retirement options. Canyon also offers employee discounts on bikes and gear.
Canyon is a world-leading manufacturer of Road, Mountain, Triathlon, and Urban Fitness Bikes. Our direct to customer approach sets us apart from our competitors. We prioritize delivering the very best in quality and in service at all times. Constantly exploring new paths enables us to stay ahead of the competition and drives us forward. Now, more than ever, we are on the lookout for talented individuals who are prepared to help us create and shape the future of Canyon Bicycles, USA.
What Sets Us Apart?
Our commitment to riding is contagious – that’s what you notice when you start working at Canyon. It’s essential that our employees feel fully engaged with their work so that together we can achieve the high standards we set for ourselves, our products and our services. A variety of hands-on tasks, true innovation and a dynamic workplace are all a part of our everyday.
Each individual has a key role to play in Canyon’s success. Whether you’re a student, graduate, or have previous leadership experience, we have the right position for you. After all, the jobs we offer have to be as versatile and exciting as the bikes we develop.
We are looking for a Customer Support Specialist to assist our customers before, during, and after the purchase of our products.
Customer Support Specialist responsibilities include resolving customer queries, recommending solutions and guiding product users through features and functionalities. To be successful in this role, you should be an excellent communicator who’s able to build trust and confidence with our clients’. In addition to being comfortable using numerous help desk software’s.
Ultimately, you will help establish our reputation as a company that offers excellent customer support during all sales and after-sales procedures.
• Respond to customer queries in a timely and accurate way, via phone, email or chat
• Identify customer needs and help find a solution during the first contact or as few contacts as possible
• Engage the customer to determine what their desired user experience is for cycling: road: race, tri, or mountain bike. What is their ideal “pure cycling” experience?
• Drive a curated upbeat, friendly, professional, consultative discussion that helps lead the customer through the decision-making process of determining the right Canyon bike for them.
• Translate the consumer’s ultimate ride desires into specific Canyon models, overcoming any objections with accurate, useful information to move towards a purchase.
• Propose additional merchandise to complement the bike model.
• Update our internal databases with information about technical issues and useful discussions with customers.
• Monitor customer complaints and notify Sale and Customer Support Manager of growing trends
• Analyze and report product malfunctions to Sales and Customer Support Manager
• Gather customer feedback and share with our Product and Marketing teams
• Share feature requests and effective workarounds with team members
• Inform customers about new products and innovations
• Follow up with customers to ensure their issues are resolved
• Participate in Canyon events on and off property as needed during the year
• Assist in the Canyon Showroom when needed
• Technical knowledge of bikes
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Experience using help desk software and remote support tools
• Experience as a Customer Support Specialist or similar CS role
• Ability to work some Saturdays and to work a flexible weekly schedule
Helpful/Beneficial (not required):
• Previous bike industry experience: bike retail, distributor, e-commerce, manufacturer
• Knowledge and expertise in Salesforce, Outlook, MSFT Office, Windows
• Proficient or conversant in Spanish
We offer a professional, upbeat and fun work environment at the Make Building in Carlsbad. It’s a world-class office space with a Canyon Showroom for displaying our professional team and athlete bikes. Agents will work in shifts to be determined by the Sales and Customer Support Manager. Agents will be sitting and or standing for significant portions of the day. This includes receiving inbound calls, emails, and chats.
This position requires you to sit at a desk for approximately 8 hours. Bikes will need to be lifted on occasion. Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds.