Marketing and Event Coordinator
- Canyon Bicycles USA, Inc.
- United States
- Carlsbad, CA
- 2 year(s)
- Min Salary: $40000.00 - Max Salary: $45000.00 per Year
** Local candidates only. Must live in San Diego county to be considered for this role. **
Canyon is a world-leading manufacturer of road, mountain, triathlon, urban and fitness bikes. Our direct approach model sets us apart from our competitors. We prioritize delivering the very best in quality and service at all times.. Constantly exploring new paths enables us to stay ahead of the game and drives us forward. Now, more than ever, we are on the lookout for talented individuals who are prepared to help us shape the future of riding.
WHAT SETS US APART:
Our commitment to riding is contagious – that’s what you notice when you start working at Canyon. It’s essential that our employees feel fully engaged with their work so that together we can achieve the high standards we set for ourselves, and our products and our service. A variety of hands-on tasks, true innovation and a dynamic workplace are all a part of our everyday.
Each individual has a key role to play in Canyon’s success. Whether you’re a student, graduate, or have previous leadership experience, we have the right position for you. After all, the jobs we offer have to be as versatile and exciting as the bikes we develop.
As an employer, we successfully combine our local roots with an increasingly international approach. Sustainability and integrity are core to our values alongside passion, responsibility and excellence.
• This position is responsible for planning and coordinating all marketing related events ensuring alignment with the company’s branding strategy. Develops and manages a highly targeted cycling events/promotions program that generates test ride opportunities and consumer engagement leading to online direct sales.
Summary of Role and Responsibilities:
Marketing Coordination (% of time: 70%)
• This position is responsible for coordinating the marketing activities of the sales & marketing team. Assist team members with day to day marketing tasks and coordinate marketing projects and activities as requested
• Organize the production of branded items such as stationary and merchandise
• Support the in-house marketing team by coordinating and collating content
• Produce additional marketing communications material such as flyers, brochures and exhibition related projects
• Set up tracking system for marketing campaigns and online activities
• Track competitor activity by keeping abreast of market changes and the marketing mix used by competitors
• Assist with the production of sourcing images, art work, print buying checking copy
• Produce clear and concise written correspondence in the form of letters and e-mails
• Manages each project including setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities
• Manage contracts with service providers
• Project Management skills
• Results driven, with great attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven track record in getting results in high-performance cross-functional teams while maintaining budget adherence and project management timelines.
• Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, be decisive under ambiguity, and meet tight deadlines.
• Able to determine the right path when faced with ambiguous situations, lack of complete data, and the need to prioritize among multiple possible paths in a time sensitive manner.
• Able to deliver clear and compelling strategies and presentations to senior management.
• Proactive approach
Event Coordination (% of time: 30%)
• Event planning, coordination and execution, ensuring compliance with company branding at event appearances. Logistics planning for all events. Organize and ensure event set-up and tear down
• Conduct post event analysis and provide reporting of findings and outcomes related to increasing sales
• Act as liaison between media partners, marketing vendors, and Canyon US with regards to event coordination and planning
• Develops budget proposals relating to the events
• Willingness and ability to travel extensively: up to 30-50% of the time or more in the season
• Ability to build value propositions through customer insight work at events. In other words develop suggestions for programs that will lead to achieving sales goals at events.
• Owns the implementation and execution of a CRM solution at events
Prioritizing and balancing different requests from different team members
Minimum Education Requirements:
• Associate’s degree in Marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in Marketing of sporting goods
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent attention to detail
• Customer orientation
• Well organized and pro-active
• Excellent command of written English
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Confident and outgoing personality
• Willingness and ability to travel
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Spanish language skills
Work is performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Work is also performed at events in which travel is required. Most events are outdoors; some are indoors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel the computer; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. At outdoor or indoor events, the employee is required to stand for a significant amount of time and is engaged with customers or other people.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org