Inside Sales Agent
- Canyon Bicycles USA, Inc.
- United States
- Carlsbad, CA
- 4 year(s)
- Not Available
** We support our local community with our search focused on San Diego County for candidates at this time. **
Who We Are:
Canyon is a world-leading manufacturer of Road, Mountain, Triathlon, and Urban Fitness Bikes. Our direct to customer approach sets us apart from our competitors. We prioritize delivering the very best in quality and in service at all times. Constantly exploring new paths enables us to stay ahead of the competition and drives us forward. Now, more than ever, we are on the lookout for talented individuals who are prepared to help us shape the future of riding.
What Sets Us Apart:
Our commitment to riding is contagious – that’s what you notice when you start working at Canyon. It’s essential that our employees feel fully engaged with their work so that together we can achieve the high standards we set for ourselves, our products and our services. A variety of hands-on tasks, true innovation and a dynamic workplace are all a part of our everyday.
Each individual has a key role to play in Canyon’s success. Whether you’re a student, graduate, or have previous leadership experience, we have the right position for you. After all, the jobs we offer have to be as versatile and exciting as the bikes we develop.
• To sell Canyon Bikes via phone, email, chat or other forms of communication with a customer. This requires demonstrating a solid background and knowledge of Canyon Bike products through rigorous training provided by Canyon and self-motivation to learn to be the best at curating a sales experience.
• Engage the customer to determine what their desired user experience is for cycling: road: race, tri, or Mountain Bike. What is their ideal “pure cycling” experience?
• Drive a curated upbeat, friendly, professional, consultative discussion that helps lead the customer through the decision making process on determining the right Canyon bike for them. Take the customer on a Canyon pure cycling journey through decisions that keep them on the course toward a purchase.
• Translate the consumer’s ultimate ride desires into specific Canyon models, overcoming any objections with accurate, useful information and close the sale. Propose additional merchandise to complement the bike model.
• Set up new customer accounts via ByD and documenting in Sales Force, tracking the customer acquisition from prospect to casual to core and maintaining meaningful regular follow up contact!
• Analyze and resolve complaints and provide appropriate solutions. Follow up to ensure resolution.
• Provide information sales-order/return/service-order status/WIMO (where is my order???)
• Meet sales and performance standards and quotas using approved sales techniques.
• Participate in Canyon events on and off property as needed during the year
• Assist with Customer pick-ups from the Carlsbad location.
Sales Agent Requirements:
• 3-5 years inside sales experience showing progress at exceeding quotas/revenue/customer acquisition goals
• CRM experience. Demonstrates the ability to easily learn and navigate through software systems. SalesForce experience preferred.
• Technical knowledge of bikes. Past bike industry experience: bike retail, distributor, e-commerce, manufacturer
• Excellent at having a reciprocal, two-way conversation being both patient & attentive during the conversation and listening with due care rather than lecturing, interrupting, talking over another
• Excellent grammar demonstrated in email writing to express subjects in a concise, coherent, and convincing manner. Chat will also be a preferred method of communication with customers.
• Has a calming presence and is able to let customers vent when they are frustrated if needed
• Able to upsell: sales goal driven.
• Agents exhibit friendly, dynamic, patient, flexible/adaptable, polite, positive, conscientious, thorough, persuasive but not pushy attitude. Skilled at communicating a successful outcome for Canyon and the consumer.
• Tone of voice should be measured, calm, and empathetic manner that tends to make the listener want to hear more. Never aggressive, or egotistical.
• Knowledge and expertise in Salesforce, Outlook, MSFT Office, Windows
• Able to work some Saturday’s
Helpful/Beneficial (not required):
• Proficient or conversant in Spanish
• Knowledge of the cycling industry
• Bike mechanical aptitude
We offer an upbeat, hip work environment at the Make Building in Carlsbad. While currently working out of an incubator space, we are building a world-class office space with a Canyon showroom for displaying our bikes. Agents will work in shifts to be determined by the manager. Agents will be sitting and or standing for significant portions of the day. This includes making outbound calls, receiving inbound calls, emails, and chats. Agents will be required to be in on the rotation for customer pick-ups and support for the showroom.
This position requires you to sit at a desk for approximately 8 hours. Bikes will need to be lifted on occasion. Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
This position directly reports to the Sales Manager, Canyon USA.
Base pay range of 30-35K (non exempt hourly), and an incentive plan.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.