- Canyon Bicycles USA, Inc.
- United States
- Carlsbad, CA
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
WHO WE ARE:
Canyon is a world-leading manufacturer of road, mountain, triathlon, urban and fitness bikes. Our direct approach model sets us apart from our competitors. We prioritize delivering the very best in quality and service at all times.. Constantly exploring new paths enables us to stay ahead of the game and drives us forward. Now, more than ever, we are on the lookout for talented individuals who are prepared to help us shape the future of riding.
WHAT SETS US APART:
Our commitment to riding is contagious – that’s what you notice when you start working at Canyon. It’s essential that our employees feel fully engaged with their work so that together we can achieve the high standards we set for ourselves, our products, and our services. A variety of hands-on tasks, true innovation and a dynamic workplace are all a part of our every day.
Each individual has a key role to play in Canyon’s success. Whether you’re a student, graduate, or have previous leadership experience, we have the right position for you. After all, the jobs we offer have to be as versatile and exciting as the bikes we develop.
As an employer, we successfully combine our local roots with an increasingly international approach. Sustainability and integrity are core to our values alongside passion, responsibility and excellence.
Canyon US point of contact responsible for all Showroom activities including: recruitment and hire of showroom staff through training, coaching, motivating and analyzing sales performance; ability to develop collaborative relationships and act as a well-respected, trusted partner that others want to work with for their bike purchase; coordinate events, rides, and product training sessions within the local community and for industry partners; merchandising, sell-in, and sell-through of accessories, hard goods, and apparel.
At the end of the day, this position will be measured and rewarded by the Showroom Manager’s ability to maintain store operations, develop client relationships, and achieve a cumulative showroom sales target.
Position will operate cross functionally between Sales, Marketing, and Operations/Logistics.
SUMMARY OF ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sales – 70%
• Have a shared understanding of business needs and strategies with the Inside Sales Manager, and share in overall responsibility for store to consistently exceed set order and sales targets.
• Drive showroom employees to meet and exceed lead capture goals
• Ensure that showroom employees are completing customer profile with each lead captured as part of the Sales Team expectation
• Ensure a healthy % of leads are converting into opportunities by working with Inside Sales Manager to identify qualified and motivated customers to fill opportunity pipeline.
• Have an expert knowledge of Salesforce, SAP ByD, among other programs, and how to use these tools to manage lead and opportunity pipeline for the store
• Provide sales leadership by role playing and active floor presence
• Creating Work Instructions for all Showroom related operating procedures.
• Coordinating outbound communication strategy to teams, clubs, industry, community, etc. with Inside Sales Team Manager
• Actively answering phone calls and emails when shop traffic has subsided
• Conduct supervised demo rides for customers in Canyon parking lot
• Responsible for providing best in class customer experience to every customer walking into the store
• Ensure store is adequately staffed for high traffic days/hours to optimize traffic and provide the best service experience
• Act as a “host” at the store, welcoming guests, interacting with customers on the sales floor, and coaching PS in the moment to optimize customer experience
• Help employees in resolving customer complaints, and escalations.
• Responsible for providing best in class customer experience to every customer walking into the Showroom
• Ensure Showroom is adequately staffed for high traffic days/hours to optimize traffic and provide the best service experience
Marketing - 20%
• Coordinate events, demo days, product orientation with Marketing Coordinators.
• Develop network of teams, clubs, coaches, influencers, corporations, etc. to host events for on-site.
Operations / Logistics – 10%
• Touchpoint for warehouse / fulfillment for ‘Pick-up Orders’ from Carlsbad Showroom.
• Overview and management of customer returns and warranty from Carlsbad Showroom.
• Adhere to Canyon safety protocol 100% with all customers and employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BA (or equivalent) with preferred background in Business Administration.
Minimum Work Experience:
• 3 years
• Very strong knowledge of the cycling industry and have worked in the cycling industry.
• Must have excellent cycling skills.
• Strong knowledge of other bike brand, components, technical knowledge and product knowledge.
• Retail background - having worked on a sales floor in some supervisory or sales associate capacity.
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends in a retail environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and adhere to business-critical deadlines.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, SAP ByD, Salesforce, among other programs.
• Self-starting entrepreneur with exceptional management skills and great attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate relevant information to all levels of the organization.
• Dedicated and ethical approach to sales and sales operations.
• Ability to develop collaborative relationships and act as a well-respected, trusted partner that others want to work with.
Work is performed within a Showroom and office environment, with standard office equipment available.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel the computer; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.