- Canyon Bicycles USA, Inc.
- United States
- Carlsbad, CA
- 6 year(s)
- Min Salary: $80000.00 - Max Salary: $80000.00 per Year
Canyon Bicycles is seeking a Purchasing Manager in Carlsbad, CA.
This position is responsible for procurement activities such as sourcing purchasing, goods and services, vendor and supply chain management as well as spend/budget, continuously looking for better deals and more profitable suppliers. This position also requires Demand Planning maintenance management as well as Master Data maintenance and management. An expert level understanding of ERP / MRP is necessary.
Summary of Role and Responsibilities:
• Manage vendor relationship, including but not limited to addressing issues with quality of delivered goods or services and ensure corrective action and ensuring schedules are met
• Evaluate suppliers on the basis of price, quality, speed / timing of delivery of their products and services, as well as other contract conditions (e.g. warranty)
• Determine reasonable pricing for product and services needed based on proposals and other information
• Setup and Maintain ERP parameters as they pertain to Purchasing, Master Data, and Demand Planning
• Track and report key functional metrics, including record maintenance of items bought, cost, deliveries, product performance and inventories; create and maintain high quality master data
• Generate purchase orders
• Develop and execute purchasing strategies
• Create negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms, including pricing, quality, delivery and timing
• Forecast price and market trends for budgeting purposes and determine procurement budget
• Forecast cash flow requirements based on production and PO terms
• Design and manage RFP and RFP process, including cooperating with stakeholders to ensure clear documentation of requirements
• This position will have a direct report in 2019, not 2018.
• This position is within a start up company in the US and must be able to wear many hats as well as be flexible, and nimble within the organization.
• This position will be mainly in the Carlsbad office with travel potentially up to 1 x a week to the Chino, CA facility. This position will also travel up approximately 20% of the time to Germany and Asia.
Balancing contradictory objectives in negotiations (e.g. pricing vs. quality vs. delivery) while ensuring profitability and high customer service levels for Canyon
Education, Experience, and Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years in Purchasing, at least 3 years in leadership role; must have had budget responsibility
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Expert Level ERP / MRP Knowledge (SAP Business by Design a plus)
• Supply Chain Management
• Supplier Management
• Demand Planning
• P2P process
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Excellent analytical skills; good at gathering and analyzing data / numbers
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills (orally and in writing) and ability to effectively address different audiences
• Sound judgment and decision making
• Strong leadership skills
• Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Supply Chain Management
• Strategic Sourcing
• Logistics Management
• Contract Negotiation
• APICS/CPIM certification a plus
• Cycling supply chain experience a plus
Work is performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel the computer; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com