Bike Program Specialist
- Canyon Bicycles USA, Inc.
- United States
- Carlsbad, CA
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
Canyon Bicycles is looking to add a Bike Program Specialist to its growing team in Carlsbad, CA.
The Bike Program Specialist (BPS) is the champion of the Canyon USA bike and accessory portfolio. Working closely with the Bike Product Managers in Koblenz, the Bike Program Specialist follows up on all product development activities to insure a successful “cradle to grave” product lifecycle of the bike/accessories portfolio. The BPS is also responsible for ensuring the US bike marketing is in alignment with the global brand direction. This is a “hands on” position for a multi-disciplined support for online BOM verification, event management help, showroom floor help and customer service help via the telephone/email or chat.
He/she is responsible for supervising the day-to-day bike related project work to develop, market and sell bikes in the US market. The core responsibility of the position is to participate in a cross-functional process of creating the bike sales plan that is managed by the President, Director of Finance/Ops and Marketing Director. The bike plan starts with a market/competitive analysis (done by the BPS using NPD and market survey data) that defines the intended use for a specific consumer profile that is specified in a bike model, by model product brief, the portfolio of which becomes a forecast and profitability analysis for the entire annual bike plan.
The bike plan serves as the basis for the annual plan (business case) that the US executive team develops and submits to the Koblenz executive team for approval. The BPS would work closely with the marketing and sales teams to develop product lifecycle promotional plans for the bike and accessories categories.
Summary of Role and Responsibilities:
• Supervising and shepherding Bike programs for the company.
• Directing and overseeing activities to ensure sales targets, marketing positioning,and bike launches are successful.
• Directs and trains the Inside Sales team on bikes and bike technologies
• Working with the Operations Director, provides help with bike forecast such as market and competitive analysis
• Works closely with the US Marketing Director to execute all aspects of the bike marketing plan.
Minimum Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field
• 3+ years of cycling industry experience
• Proven track record of successful team leadership and achievement of results
• Thorough knowledge and experience in program management
• Experience in consumer direct marketing (B2C)
• Strategic thinking, yet comfortable with and effective at tactical level
• Thorough product knowledge of bicycles
• High level retail operations experience, including inventory management and purchasing
• Strong and effective project management skills and ability to lead and direct outside resources
• Ability to manage multiple projects on various levels with different and converging timelines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives to a wide range of audiences
• Comfort level working independently and cooperatively to lead a diverse group with a bias towards actions that generate consumer awareness or engagement
• Operating experience collaborating and aligning with global counterparts and ensuring global brand excellence on a regional level
• Previous experience working with a premium positioned brand and understanding tactics that can both build or potentially erode brand equity
• Marketplace understanding and ability to activate a network of internal and external resources
• Sufficient experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office to independently create Power Point presentations, excel spreadsheets and marketing materials in word
• Excellent interpersonal skills – willingness and ability to resolve conflicts in an appropriate and constructive manner
• Experience in determining and managing marketing budgets
• Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% domestically and internationally
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• German language skills
• Work is performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
• Position requires up to 30% of travel both domestically and internationally. Passport is required for this position.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel the computer; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Perks of the job:
• Competitive base salary
• Complimentary use of onsite fitness center
• Sought after office location, just across the 101, easy access to cycling, beach, walking, surfing
• Medical/dental/vision insurance reimbursement
• Generous vacation and paid holidays
• Employee discount program on bike purchase(s)
• Work-life balance
• Team happy hours/outings
• Learn and grow with a young, successful company. Lots of opportunity for promotion for proven employees!
• Bright office, open space concept, and standing desks!
Canyon US is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com.