Inside Sales Manager
- Canyon Bicycles USA, Inc.
- United States
- Carlsbad, CA
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
Canyon Bicycles is seeking an Inside Sales Manager in Carlsbad, CA.
This role will be responsible for all performance aspects, and day-to-day management of the customer experience via an inside sales team and warranty/tech support team. The primary responsibility of the position is to build the team that is accountable and motivated to achieve the daily, weekly, monthly and annual sales plan. The position is responsible for qualitative and quantitative analysis of the team and to ensure continued alignment between Canyon US and Canyon Germany. This position is not simply to provide customer service but exceptional sales closing processes as well. Benchmarking Backcountry.com, Zappo’s, Amex and Ritz Carlton customer experiences are gold standards to mirror: to solve problems with one contact and sell the appropriate product for the customer’s intended use.
Manage Performance and Build Capability of Sales and Warranty/Tech support teams:
• The primary responsibility of the inside sales team is selling Canyon Bikes via phone, email, chat or other forms of communication with a customer. This requires demonstrating a solid background and knowledge of Canyon Bike products through rigorous training provided by Canyon and self-motivation to learn to be the best at curating the appropriate sales experience.
• Effectively recruits, on-boards, trains and develops new talent of the inside sales and warranty/tech support teams.
• Trains, tests and the ranks the teams. Constantly tests for capability gaps (on service, brand, product, competitive analysis, etc.) within the teams and creates a capability development plan to address those needs.
• Fosters a coaching culture by actively providing and asking for feedback, and enabling a culture of accountability.
• Engages the team to determine from the customer what their desired user experience is for cycling: road: race, tri, mtb, etc. Identifies the consumer’s ideal “pure cycling” experience. Then drives a curated upbeat, friendly, professional, consultative discussion that leads the customer through the bike selection decision making process aimed at determining the right Canyon bike for their needs and keeping them on course to close the sale with integrity. If the customer gets frustrated, or confused, the Inside Sales Manager and their staff makes sure that the customer stays on the decision making path and if they deviate, because they don’t want to “buy now”, the Inside Sales team has a follow-up plan and executes accordingly to keep the customer inspired to buy a Canyon.
• Starting with “why Canyon,” inspires the staff and the consumer to understand what makes Canyon the best bike in the world. Inspires consumers to give Canyon a try via our 30-day test ride policy enabling them to return the bike if they aren’t satisfied with no questions asked to drive the customer acquisition.
• Explains the product details, price, terms, warranty procedures, after sale services, everything related to the sale of the bike focusing on the USP (unique selling proposition) for Canyon.
• Translates the consumer’s ultimate ride desires into specific Canyon models, overcoming any objections with accurate, useful information and closes the sale. Proposes additional merchandise to complement the bike model.
• Builds the talent of inside sales on phone etiquette (tone, attitude grace/service orientation) brand stories, product technology, competitive analysis and problem solving. Enables staff to position the Canyon “pure cycling” experience and culture as the market leader.
• Develops and monitors team performance, relating to duties specific to their service level ratings and ensures daily clarity, accountability, communication and cooperation.
• Ensures that inside sales and warranty/tech teams are regularly reporting consumer feedback.
• Leads cross functional projects that impact customer experience
• Interprets, communicates, and implements company policies and procedures, which promote appropriate controls, confidentiality of customer and company information, legal and safety compliance with existing policies.
• Produces weekly summary reports on KPI’s including but not limited to: calls, emails, texts, showroom visits (tickets), hold time, positive and negative consumer feedback, etc
• Manages showroom manager and showroom procedures/kpi’s productivity to be aligned with the Inside Sales team in a spirit that makes the two teams cross functionally trained and collaborates as one team.
• 5 years of progressive call center or retail operations experience.- leading change, exceptional communication skills, and strong ability to manage sales processes and resolve conflict.
• High accountability with demonstrated ability to deliver.
• Strong team player with extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Highly self-motivated, self-directed with great attention to detail.
• Exceptional attitude and grace.
• Strong cycling experience and culture background.
President and is a member of the Peloton leadership team.
Work is performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Position requires up to 5% of travel both domestically and internationally. Passport is required for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel the computer; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com.