Senior Industrial Concept Designer
- OGIO/Callaway Golf
- United States
- 0 year(s)
- Not Available
As part of the Industrial Design team, this role works both independently and collaboratively in developing innovative golf club designs and concepts based on relevant product and industry knowledge. In this role, you will interface with multiple groups as you follow the design process from sketch form to final release of the product. This role requires a high amount of creative thought and independent work while remaining flexible and open to critique and instruction from other team members, as well as Senior Management, in a collaborative environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Creates golf club concepts using design tools including sketches, physical mockups and renderings
• Creates perspective sketches and renderings to communicate new design ideas
• Explores new golf club design concepts
• Explores form and function opportunities relevant to enhanced performance and aesthetics
• Interacts with the design team by providing and listening to inputs on design projects
• Collaborates with others in the development of new design ideas
• Stays current with design trends
• Presents new thoughts and designs both orally and visually
• Understands program timelines and is proactive regarding task completion in a deadline driven environment
• Ability to create and communicate new design ideas and bring a solution minded approach
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Excellent sketching, modeling, and rendering skills utilizing electronic tools (Alias, KeyShot, Photoshop, etc.)
• Knowledge of common golf club components and construction methods preferred
• Experienced drawing and graphic skills
• Demonstrated creative proficiency with supporting portfolio
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
• Knowledge of golf club design history and competitor models
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Excellent knowledge in the related areas of Keyshot rendering, 3D CAD, and Adobe CS software.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 5 years of experience in product design and development
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or related field, or 4 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
You get to be a part of the most progressive and innovative brand in the golf industry. Competitive benefit package with perks being a Callaway employee.