Manager FP &A (Finance)
- Talent Suede, Inc
- United States
- Los Angeles
- 6 year(s)
- Not Available
Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) needed for global lifestyle apparel company, Corporate Accounting team is located in Los Angeles, CA. The primary function is to manage and analyze the financial performance of the business, oversee budgets, expenses, provide forecasting, discrepancy resolve, and analysis for established wholesale and e-Commerce businesses, and new popup retail model. This is an excellent career-growth opportunity to join a dynamic corporate Finance and Accounting team.
• Provide financial recommendations and strategic support including analysis related to all reporting, planning, supply chain, and forecasting deliverables, financial presentations, ad-hoc financial and operational analysis
• Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
• Manage and improve the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plan and modeling tools, using and implementing scalable Best Practices
• Produce quarterly and monthly financial reports, special projects, ad hoc reporting analysis in a timely manner and within month end close activities
• Prepares annual plan in conjunction with input from all departments; aligns financial objects within business internal units
• Analyze complex financial and historical data and reports to provide accurate and timely recommendations to management, identify risks and opportunities
• Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies, train junior team members with efficiency practices
• Works with department heads to ensure budgeted goals are met; oversees budget revisions and ensures communication to department heads.
• Communication: shares successes as well as addresses weekly issues affecting the Company’s operations, profitability, timelines, and other concerns
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Normally requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
• Required 6-7+ years of progressive Accounting/ Finance experience with strong financial planning and analysis. MBA, or CFA, or CPA preferred, but not required
• Minimum 2+ years of supervisory experience, adaptable with change and prioritizing
• Extensive knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, formulas, etc.), systems savvy
• Experience within the apparel industry is highly desired (preferred) with knowledge of Financial Operations /Supply-Chain Operations highly preferred, will consider consumer products industry
• Superior and concise communications to all levels; accounting/ non-accounting teams
• Strong knowledge of financial and accounting concepts, best practices, GAAP
This is a full time role, excellent benefits and comp package, casual office attire. The company and Corporate Finance/ Accounting team supports career growth and advancement. Good blend of team culture and entrepreneurial spirit.
Talent Suede offers smart career choices for candidates. We are proven talent seekers in the Apparel, Entertainment, Corporate, and Digital industries for Executives, Managers, and Mid-career roles. For more Accounting & Finance opportunities connect with us on twitter @suede_Style and log on to www.talentsuede.com.
Company supports career growth. Excellent comp & benefits package, employee discounts, onsite parking, good culture, great office!