- NEFF | LRG
- United States
- Irvine, CA
- 7 year(s)
- Not Available
LRG and Neff, under parent company Mad Engine, are accepting applications for a Senior Accountant to join the team in Irvine, CA.
ABOUT LRG //
Mad Engine recently acquired L-R-G; a brand designed to overthrow the masses by using our influence. Our slogan is simple, Underground inventive, over ground effective. At L-R-G we want to focus on the ones that are trying to pay their rent with their passions. Think of us as a support group for the independent and underground culture. We are trying to put the spotlight where we think it belongs, because it is much more than clothing and concepts. It is a way of living. L-R-G, innovative essence for the above average person.
Founded in 1987, Mad Engine, LLC. Powered by Innovation has grown to become a leading global licensed apparel wholesaler. Top brands include Marvel, Star Wars, Disney and Nickelodeon. Mad Engine's footprint spans multiple continents, with unique locations dedicated to customer service, manufacturing, quality assurance and distribution. This process better enables us to fully meet the needs of every customer from independent boutiques to mass market retailers ensuring the best customer experience possible.
POSITION SUMMARY //
The senior accountant position is responsible for full cycle accounting for the integration of the brands LRG and Neff under the Mad Engine LLC processes, ensuring accurate and timely financial records for the organization. The senior accountant has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a point of contact in the brand and within the accounting team.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES //
• Proper and timely recording of financial transactions in the general ledger.
• Ensure the general ledger and sub-ledgers are reconciled
• Examine detailed accounting transactions to ensure accuracy.
• Assist in the preparation of financial statements and reports.
• Review and analyze journal and ledger entries, bank statements, inventories, expenditures and monthly accruals to ensure accuracy.
• Financial forecasting and analysis to support operational decisions.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of reporting and internal control procedures.
• Assist with finance related process improvements and implementation
• Reconcile bank accounts.
• Reviews records of accounts to ensure accuracy.
• Develops systems for the maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS //
Must be process-oriented, detail-oriented, have strong problem solving and analytical skills, and have the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, vendors, and management. Must work well in timeline driven environment, with superior organizational, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills, with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
• Finance Management
• Full Cycle Accounting at a Senior level Qualifications
• Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
• Strong analytical and accounting skills.
• Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
• Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
• The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product. The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent number of years of experience OR an Accounting Degree plus three years’ experience.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting. Full Circle experience would be exceptional
• Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TO APPLY //
Please submit your brief cover letter and resume through Malakye.
Meet Mad Engine, LLC. //
Wholesale • 201-500 employees • Founded 1987 • Privately Held Company
Mad Engine started as a Production screen printing company. Now operating out of San Diego county in California, with extended manufacturing and sourcing capabilities in the U.S, Mexico, & all over the globe. Mad Engine is one of the leading Licensed Apparel wholesalers in the world. With a strong licensing roster of the world’s largest brands, including several TOP SELLING evergreen properties including Lucasfilm, Marvel, & Disney. Our artwork is used for style guide elements, and offered to other licenses worldwide. Mad Engine has earned a recognized position with all of the major retailers across the US & Canada such Walmart, Target, JCPenney, Kohl’s, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, and more. Our Shelf Stock program keeps in house inventory to service the just in time inventory deliveries of over 230 items for smaller store chains and boutique sales.
With an in house art staff of over 25 highly skilled and experienced artists, Mad Engine has proven to licensors and its customers that it is able to create unique & custom designs that cater to a wide array of audiences. Our Merchandising team helps keep floor presentations fresh & & coherent by retailer, & help them to design into POS displays such as Pallets, Trays, Tables & Rounders. The Company’s managed production schedules help meet the needs of any retailer, large or small. We excel in Quick turn product & On Time deliveries in accordance with vendor floor ready guidelines. We stay compliant with all State, Federal, & licensor requirements. Mad Engine is recognized as one of the top 5 suppliers for Licensed Apparel products in the U.S.A.