- NEFF | LRG
- United States
- Irvine, CA
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
NEFF & LRG are in search of a Product Developer to join the team in Irvine, CA.
GENERAL SUMMARY //
The product developer develops and manages a group of products from concept through production. The product developer will collaborate with the director of product development to achieve seasonal product calendar initiatives.
The developer coordinates and defines materials, construction, fit, sourcing, costing, and commercial execution of product. The position requires extensive knowledge of apparel construction, fit and garment costing. This position is the link between merchandising/design –production/sourcing and the factories.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS //
• Identify materials and construction that supports designer’s vision and product requirements.
• Partner with production team to determine the sourcing strategy for the season.
• Manage the development calendar and process including costing, quality evaluation, fabric, trim and matching requirements for each product.
• Produce accurate product specifications and ensure they are maintained and distributed effectively.
• Develop and maintain BOM’s and accurate database information that result in efficient raw material purchasing.
• Manage and ensure each prototype and all sales samples are delivered on calendar
• Coordinate all factory communication for the development of proto-types. Establish the timeline, raw material management, and approval requirements with the factory.
• Manage garment fit process in collaboration with design team and tech designer, Instruct manufacturer on necessary changes to a pattern to influence the fit.
• Collaborate with factories to achieve ‘state of the art’ opportunities for product innovation.
• Support the sourcing and training of new factory resources.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS //
• Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
• Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to travel internationally and domestically utilizing various forms of transportation as needed.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS //
• 3+ years’ experience in apparel product development.
• Knowledgeable of garment construction, and basic fabric properties, pattern making, costing, embroidery and surface applications (e.g. screen printing, etc.)
• Exceptionally strong problem solving and negotiating skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and process implementation.
• Excellent skills in creating and writing construction specifications in Illustrator and/or excel.
• Excellent understanding of the design, development and merchandising process from inception through production.
• Ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions.
• Ability to be a technical resource to others.
• Proven performance history with domestic and offshore vendors and manufacturers.
• Extreme attention to detail.
• Knowledge of garment fit and the ability to instruct a manufacturer on necessary changes to a pattern to influence the fit.
• Able to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines.
TO APPLY // Submit your brief cover letter and resume through Malakye for consideration.