Contravisual Brands Group is looking for an Associate Designer to work closely with the Design Director and design team. Ideal candidate is reliable, detail and team oriented, and comfortable in a fast paced work environment. Must be organized and self-motivated with a proactive approach to the design and development processes.
• Create easily understandable, full tech packs based off information provided / CAD sketches
• Communicates clearly with overseas vendors to produce samples
• Must be expert at creating tech packs, and understand how to be detailed oriented so Overseas factories can clearly understand how to produce the designs
• Advanced Adobe Programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign etc.) skills required
• Create and update tech packs for development through production, containing detailed product specification instructions and construction for development and production resources that are consistently clear and accurate.
• Linesheet creation/updates to share with cross-functional teams.
• Build detailed wash pages for tech packs.
• Correspondence with factories to maintain on-time sample deliveries.
• Prep tech packs for production handoff and garment construction details.
• Check-in, hang, and organize all incoming samples.
• Manage and organize sample libraries and wash standards on a consistent basis.
• Maintains organized design records for team reference.
• Update development/sample status each week and update team.
• Provide wash, styling, and trim comments to factories/send reference samples.
• All sample request and keeping factories accountable
• Work with design on strike offs, handlooms, lab dips, and fabric and trim approvals
• Ensure art matrixes and tech packs are correct and accurate to design’s vision and all art is approved through correct avenues
• Request and track all proto and development samples
• Organization of fabric and trim libraries
• Process all samples with Tech Dept. to ensure specifications are met and quality meets requirements and communicate all comments to the suppliers
• Establish Time and Action calendar (tracking WIP) for overseas factories to ensure that all the goods meet delivery and quality standards. Ensure weekly WIP updates from factory
• Maintain, record, and file all incoming approvals and samples and review with Design for accuracy and relate all detailed comments to factories/suppliers
• Works with team to assure that design calendar deadlines are met.
• Responsible for attending all fittings & communicating fit notes to all cross-functional teams.
A successful candidate works well in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision. At Contravisual Brands group we do whatever it takes to get the job done.