The Marketing & Event Mechanic will be part of the YT North America marketing team working to keep the legendary YT bikes serviced and maintained at all times. Primary duties include building and maintaining YT’s marketing fleet including Demo bikes, Press bikes, and Athlete/Ambassador bikes, but this role will also support the workshop team taking care of customer and warranty bikes when necessary.
• Provide expert-level technical service and support for YT bikes both onsite in San Clemente as well as in-person at YT events such as Rolling Circus tour, Sea Otter, etc.
• Responsible for building and maintaining the award-winning YT bikes, and resolving sometimes complex technical issues in a timely fashion
• “Own” the goal of providing the highest level bike prep and set-up possible
• Interact with customers to provide technical guidance related to our products (in-person at bike festivals and demo tours, using email and phone when necessary)
• Diagnosing and repair/refurbishing products for warranty work as well as completing related paperwork and maintaining records in company database
• Provide suggestions regarding product issues based on feedback from the market and cycling trends
• During off seasons you will support the workshop with all technical issues including warranty and customer service work.
• Perform other tasks as part of the N. American marketing and events team such as setting up/tearing down tradeshow and event booths/displays, assisting with consumer activations including driving, loading/unloading of bikes and other materials, etc.