- Buell Wetsuits & Surf
- United States
- Santa Cruz, CA
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
Buell Wetsuits & Surf is a core wetsuit and apparel brand, based in Santa Cruz, California.
*** Please note: This is an in-house position out of Santa Cruz, however we are open to candidates wiling to relocate. ***
POSITION SUMMARY //
We are seeking a candidate who wants to be a part of a growing brand that is changing the wetsuit game. The ideal candidate will work closely with the VP of Sales and Marketing and Product Development Manager for all creative needs. You will need strong organizational and interpersonal skills to excel in this role. You will need to be a highly motivated, do-it-yourself individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will collaborate with our product development team to create apparel and accessory lines from concept to market delivery.
The ideal candidate will bring 3 years of design experience, an establishment portfolio of work, a positive, team-work attitude and a passion for surfing!
RESPONSIBILITIES // The Primary responsibilities of the Graphic Designer are to help maintain, create and design all assets pertaining to and not limited to: Wholesale Catalog, advertisements, Website, sales promotions, trade shows, In Store Displays, spec sheets, wetsuit, apparel and accessory designs.
• Assist and work with Lead Designer to create innovative new concepts, technologies and ideations for market leading products.
• Assist in creating visual concept solutions through storyboards, graphic designs, prototypes and product briefs…
• Must be able to consistently produce innovative concepts and original artwork that pushes the boundaries and satisfies design objectives.
• Assist with researching domestic and international markets to identify key trends and technologies and consumer preferences for new product introductions.
• Assist in packaging design and development.
• Assist with coordinating the design calendar and attend all relevant product meetings as required.
• Work closely with VP of Sales & Marketing to create all visual assets
• Design all creative for website with direction from Marketing
• Design wholesale catalogs with direction of Marketing – two per year
• Create art and collateral for all tradeshows, events, sales and editorial needs
• Work with Product Development Manager on wetsuit apparel and accessories designs
• Create spec sheets for all wetsuits, apparel and accessories for submission to factories
• Perform these and other duties as required.
• Must be extremely creative
• Passion for surfing and product design
• Strong concept and design skills
• Must be proficient in ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE
• Must have at least 3 years experience
• Strong communication, prioritization and organization skills required to handle multiple projects at once.
• Must have exceptional problem solving skills
• Finalize tech packs and proactively follow the execution of all product details: design specs, construction, color, form, style, performance, cost/value requirements etc.
• Detail and results oriented
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of internal and external contacts
• Must be able to work in a fast paced, fun and intense environment
TO APPLY //
Please submit cover letter, resume and portfolio through Malakye.
This is an in-house position, candidates must be able to work out of our Santa Cruz office.
• Laid-back work environment
• Product discounts
• Competitive compensation
• Surf at lunch!