- Watch Gang
- United States
- Studio City, CA (Los Angeles Area)
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
Watch Gang, based in Studio City, CA, is in search of a Web Developer.
The Web Developer will be responsible for elevating the customer experience through the back end of WatchGang.com, with the primary objective of driving conversion and engagement by writing clear concise coding. Responsibilities will lie in writing beautiful, fast PHP to a high standard in a timely and scalable way that improves the code base of our products. You will be a part of a new team on the marketing department so being able to juggle many projects is a must.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to this position, or needed to meet company needs. Additional initiatives may be identified in the Company’s performance review process.
• Maintain a cohesive design and framework for WatchGang.com and future site extensions
• Create traffic efficiency and troubleshooting
• Experience in LAMP, Java Script, HTML, and CSS
• Responsible for (securing) and handling copy write needs
• Analyze trends, consumer data and traffic patterns
• Coordinate and publish content activity
• Coordinate design layout including theme
• Coordinate category pages, product pages, content pages
• Report analytics to management along with strategic recommendations
• Write “clean”, well designed code
• Ability to pivot and change strategies if needed
• Work to coordinate email strategy inclusive of segmentation, frequency and content
• Ability to effectively troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
• Continually develop segmentation and update consumer database details
• Develop email procurement strategy and implementation
• Monitor competitive environment and best practices within website and email function
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS GUIDELINES
• Hold yourself accountable to the list of Watch Gang’s core Values
• Establish and cultivate business relationships with managers and peers.
• Attention to detail
• Analytics experience
• Knowledge of IT platforms and medium
• Ability to think objectively and propose solutions
• Work effectively using discretion, good judgment, and initiative in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
• Demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills and with a critical attention to detail
• Skilled communicator, written and verbal, across all levels and departments.
• Work well with others
• Demonstrate a strong customer focus and sense of urgency to business needs to improve Watch Gang as a whole
• Communicate effectively with the team
• Plan, organize and adjust workload to meet priorities and deadlines
• Exercise judgment and initiative within company policies and guidelines
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands, mental demands, and working conditions that are described below are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Physical Demands and Conditions:
• Being able to punch the boxing game for a high score.
• Carrying your team in a Watch Gang family feud game.
• Lifting heavy boxes (over 10lbs)
• Verbal communication and hearing/listening.
• Picking up an employee that’s feeling down.
• Repetitive motions.
• Ability to celebrate with a peer when something great happens.
• Ability to “boogie” on a dance floor in whatever way they see fit.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
• The majority of work is performed in an office setting; and employees may remain in a seated position for extended periods of time, or you can get up and work from whatever space you like to save that lower back. We’re big fans of making sure that the lumbar region is protected.
• While performing the duties of this class, the employee is regularly required to understand the Watch Gang Culture, embrace it, and practice what we preach.
• Use the written and oral communication skills that they’ve developed.
• Read and interpret data, information and documents.
• Keeping their personality and letting Watch Gang embrace it.
• Explain policies and procedures while helping the people around you grow.
• Use math and mathematical reasoning.
• Making the decision the employee feels is right in a situation, and being confident in it.
• Continue to learn and develop your craft.
• Work under deadlines with constant interruptions.
• Interact with staff, contractors, vendors, customers, Board members, media, officials, other organizations and the public, and occasionally deal with dissatis¬fied or disturbed individuals.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com