HEAD OF PRODUCT/ GLOBAL DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT/ VP OF PRODUCT/ SVP OF PRODUCT
- United States
- 10 year(s)
- Not Available
JR 286 is like no other sporting goods company in the world, and we are looking for experienced professionals up to the challenge of filling the available career listed below. At JR286, you will find a unique corporate culture, with a rapid pace and the freedom to truly express and maximize yourself.
We believe that attitude is everything and encourage a safe and open environment where all employees understand their roles, receive honest feedback, contribute ideas, ask questions, learn, grow, and are recognized for their contributions. Working as a team, we take great pride in being JR286.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The incumbent for this position is an experienced product leader with a passion for creating performance solutions for the athlete. They have a proven product management track record for building and articulating a product vision, prioritizing a portfolio of product types, translating the vision into a credible roadmap in close collaboration with wear testing, engineering and partner teams to deliver innovative, scalable and reliable products.
They must also have vast experience in building and nurturing high performing product teams as well as influencing and collaborating across executive leadership, while navigating through a matrixed organization of partner product teams and regional stakeholders to deliver business results.
The ideal candidate with be obsessed with understanding the athletes’ experiences end to end and constantly working to perfect our products through the proper validation techniques and deep understanding of the relevant key performance indicators, while maintaining a clear-eyed view of the competitive landscape and industry trends and a relentless obsession to continuously improve our market share position.
They will utilize design and product development skills, experience and knowledge of materials, manufacturing technology and processes to create innovative hard and soft goods product, primarily in athletic and outdoor sporting goods channels. Working cross functionally with Marketing, Sales, and Operations teams, they will meet and exceed product team goals, as well as company-wide metrics. Provide outstanding leadership within the culture of the company and create best in class product for all licensed products and categories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
(OTHERS MAY BE ASSIGNED)
• Create 3-year financial Product plan measuring Units, Revenue, and Landed Margin leading to Investment and Divestment strategies at the Category level.
• Direct the creation of a Product Road Map that illustrates the “5 R” approach to design and development investments that will allow for the proper balance of Category and Product Lines updates on a seasonal level.
• Work closely with internal and external resources to explore and implement new designs while maintaining a strong knowledge of current trends, color, materials, technology and sports-related products through travel and research that can be incorporated into the seasonal product briefs.
• Lead the daily interaction and communication within the Product group in an effort to resolve and advance design/development issues and opportunities in an organized, constructive, and consistent manner in order to ensure that established product development calendar timelines are consistently met.
• Ensure that established target FOB’s are met throughout the development process and lead the communication of re-engineered concept, if necessary, to obtain final product concept at a target price that allows us to commercialize our product within a Direct to Consumer, Wholesale, or Distributor model.
• Lead the Product line management team to ensure the line plan, by Category and Product Line, consists of the proper Style and SKU balance that leads to optimal SKU productivity on a seasonal/annual basis.
• Lead the design, engineering, and development team in demonstrating an understanding of products, product categories, product development, brand messages, manufacturing, and commercialization processes.
• Lead the creation, communication and presentation of design and development ideas/concepts for all Product, Packaging, and In-Store and Online Point of Sale to our client groups, both internal and external.
• Direct the Product Operations group to ensure that our internal and external Item Master/Item Attribute databases are updated and accurate on a seasonal basis.
• Direct the needs and efforts of the Sports Marketing team to ensure that we are servicing our external partners/teams/athletes 100% of the time while collecting the necessary insights for solving/improving future product performance needs.
• Represent Product Line Management/Design/Engineering/Development/Graphics/Sports Marketing in the company Executive team.
• Create and manage to annual Human Capital, Travel and Entertainment, Brand Marketing, and Capital Expenditure budgets.
• 10+ years of major brand experience leading product teams and delivering successful and innovative products.
• Experience operating in a Licensee/Licensor relationship product environment.
• Product instincts and an ability to balance user and business impact.
• Successful track record of launching and scaling impactful products.
• Hands-on and very detail-oriented product person with a strategic approach.
• Grittiness. You jump at any obstacle, roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you are tireless, passionate, and excited.
• Experienced in a high release environment.
• Demonstrative experience in scaling a $500+ million product engine.
• Understanding of the Global Sporting Goods retail environment.
• Strong leadership skills that exhibit mentorship and inspire teammates to follow
• Capable of operating in a fast paced, dynamic and evolving environment.
• Emit passion for all brands/product assigned to.
• Self-driven and highly motivated.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy.
• Excels in effective time management.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
Advanced or professional degree in Management, Marketing, or Engineering preferred.
Direct Functional Reports
• Product Line Management Team
• Product Design Team
• Product Engineering and Development Team
• Product Operations team
• Brand Marketing Team
• Sports Marketing team