Product Developers - Lacrosse
- Cascade Maverik Lacrosse LLC
- United States
- New York
- Syracuse, NY
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
We are Cascade Maverik Lacrosse. We are the brand leaders in the design and manufacture of Lacrosse equipment, creating products that elevate our athletes’ performance and setting industry performance and reliability benchmarks with our top selling helmets, headgear, sticks and equipment.
We are seeking to add (2) PRODUCT DEVELOPERS to our Research & Development team in Syracuse, NY. A Product Developer for the STICKS category and for the PROTECTIVE category.
The Product Developers ensure that the Cascade-Maverik brands continue to set the industry standards by enhancing existing products and continually improving designs and processes associated with the development of new and existing products. The successful candidate will manage the development of high quality products that meet company standards and hit retail market on time, within budget, and within the goals of the project brief. The ideal candidates will have a passion for what they do and a sense of excitement at the possibility of joining the Cascade-Maverik team.
The Product Developers work closely with other business processes and partners to assist in the sourcing, development and implementation of manufacturing processes and quality control guidelines. The roles serve as the focal point for collaboration with all team members such as researchers, engineers, designers, field testing, marketing, etc., ensuring that feedback and information gathered from all groups is considered in product design and development.
The successful candidates manage the validation process for their category throughout the development process, tracking and analyzing all aspects of product pricing, FOB to meet product cost targets and support margin-related objectives, including appropriate tooling amortization.
The roles will prepare communications, presentations and updates regarding project status and performance.
The positions facilitate activities of cross-functional teams from varying business units to produce innovative and cutting edge lacrosse product lines from inception to reality, creating the next level of lacrosse gear.
Interested yet? Good. Us too. Cascade Maverik Lacrosse is a subsidiary of PEAK Achievement Athletics, along with Bauer Hockey and Easton Baseball. We are a team of committed and passionate people dedicated to the success of our products and brands.
We're pretty sure you'll want to know we offer one of most generous benefits packages around. Things like a 401k plan with matching contribution, casual work environment, generous paid time off and paid holidays, several medical plan options to suit anyone's needs with company cost sharing, and a host of other perks!
Duties require a Bachelors’ Degree with a concentration in Engineering or Industrial Design and 3 to 5 years of experience working in product development/manufacturing/project management or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to forecast next creation of design phase.
• Must be a creative and innovative problem solver.
• Must be a self-starter and demonstrate initiative.
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and/or 2D & 3D CAD specialized software preferred.
• Knowledge of Solidworks is preferred.
• Must possess excellent time and project management skills with strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Background and/or interest in lacrosse preferred.
• Experience with and understanding of engineering drawings.
• Knowledge of document management, engineering change procedures, version control.
• Ability to work multiple, complex, projects with minimal supervision and have excellent attention to details and deadlines.
• Understanding of technology trends and how to translate them to product application.
• Valid passport required for international travel; may travel 15-20% both domestically and internationally to factories, vendors and testing sites to monitor and trouble-shoot product development and testing, research materials or resolve other issues.
Please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye. Complete all sections of the on-line application and attach your resume. Please include a cover letter or introductory statement. Please include a link to your portfolio if applicable. Click “Submit” to send your application.
Cascade Maverik Lacrosse, LLC is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Only those persons chosen for an interview will be contacted.
401k plan matching contribution, paid time off, casual work environment.