Surf Ranch General Manager
- Kelly Slater Wave Company
- United States
- Lemoore, CA
- 5 year(s)
- Min Salary: $80000.00 - Max Salary: $120000.00 per Year
Kelly Slater Wave Co is in search of a General Manager to run the Surf Ranch in Lenmoore, CA.
Location Details //
This job is located in Lemoore, CA and all candidates are expected to relocate. Because of schedule requirements, this would be a very difficult position to commute from anywhere beyond one hour.
Job Overview //
The Surf Ranch General Manager is KSWC’s management representation at Surf Ranch. This position is responsible for all operations at Surf Ranch. This position directly manages the positions of Administration Manager, Director of Site Operations, Retail and Wellness, F&B, Client Service and Water Safety. This position is responsible for the overall guest experience, safety, asset management, system uptime, profit and loss statements, capital planning and Surf Ranch personnel.
Position Summary //
The Surf Ranch GM must have a thorough understanding of the ‘wave system’, surfing operations, Food and Beverage functions, lifeguard duties, and facility maintenance. The Surf Ranch GM will report to the Corporate Director of Wave Operations.
• Delivering a memorable guest experience
• Overall safety of visitors at Surf Ranch which includes enforcing all rules and regulations
• Creating and implementing Surf Ranch Operating Criteria, Service Standards, recruit, hire and train staff and continue to update internal and market facing operational documentation and operating models
• Monitoring conduct and performance of all the Surf Ranch employees
• Facilitating all KSWC Sales, Marketing, Engineering and R&D development needs
• In partnership with the Corporate Director of Wave Operations and the KSWC Leadership Team, assists in developing the short and long term strategic and operational road map that transitions KSWC from its current R&D stage to global commercialization
• Ensuring that all surfing activities and safety operations are conducted in accordance with established procedures and policies
• Managing emergency situations including equipment failures and life safety
• Facilitating guest introductions and first touch point on site in guest service trail
• All aspects of financial budgeting, reporting, and fiscal accounting
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities //
• Understanding and authorship of ‘Surf Ranch Wave System Theory of Operations’
• Understanding of ‘Surf Ranch Water Safety and Rescue Operations’
• Working knowledge of the Surf Ranch site and facility operations
• Working knowledge of the ‘Operation and Maintenance Manual’ for the Surf Ranch wave system
Minimum Training and Experience //
• Demonstrated resort management leadership experience including team building and guest experience development
• Experience with financial reporting, budgeting and capital planning
• Prior experience dealing with heavy equipment operations, construction and maintenance
• Some level of basic HR and administrative knowledge is preferred
To apply, please submit your brief cover letter and resume through Malakye.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision. 401K plan. Work with surfers, ranging from brand new surfers to the world's best!