Techincal Designer - Accessories
- Mad Engine
- United States
- Glendale, CA
- 4 year(s)
- Not Available
Mad Engine is in search of a Technical Designer – Accessories, to join the team in Glendale, CA.
POSITION SUMMARY //
Mad Engine is seeking experienced Technical Designer for its new Accessory Division. You will be responsible for both licensed and non-licensed product development. The ideal candidate will carry out responsibilities in the core functional areas of trend research, design and manufacturing.
As Technical Designer, you will be responsible for creating and developing consistent technical standards and refining the technical design process for a wide variety of fashion accessory products including: bags/backpacks/totes hats/headwear, gloves/hand wear, scarves, socks, novelty items, and so much more. Your ability to efficiently multitask within a fast-paced team environment to execute the Designers vision into quality, cost-right and trend-right product for a dynamic mix of retailers is key to being successful in this role.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES //
• Builds library of basic block technical specifications and illustrations for Designer reference when sampling.
• May be cc d on Designer communication with vendor partners to problem-solve during sampling and manage due dates.
• Performs aesthetic and technical evaluations on all samples received, aiming for 24-48 hour comments turnaround to vendors.
• Communicates aesthetic and fit/technical comments to Merchandiser(s) or Designer(s) for special accounts that require customer-specific tags, forms, etc. to be submitted with samples.
• Communicate directly with Factories/China Office overseas
• Raises any aesthetic issues with relevant Designer to troubleshoot and problem-solve together.
• Logs in samples on Development Season Master or Customer Line List and records comments.
• Passes all reviewed development samples with comments to Sales / Merchandiser(s) for review with Design Director.
• Creates and uploads production technical package and communicates production changes to factory.
• Requests Pre-Production (PP) samples from the factory.
• Reviews, approves and/or troubleshoots Pre-Production (PP) samples for aesthetic and fit/technical issues.
• Raises any Pre-Production (PP) aesthetic issues with relevant Designer to troubleshoot and problem-solve together.
• Logs in Pre-Production (PP) samples on Production Customer Line List and records comments.
• Communicates aesthetic and fit/technical Pre-Production (PP) sample comments to Merchandiser(s) or Designer(s) for special accounts that require customer-specific tags, forms, etc to be submitted with samples requiring buyer approval.
• May follow up with Merchandiser(s) and/or Sales to chase accounts that require buyer/developer Pre-Production (PP) sample approvals.
• Instructs China Office on sample approvals.
• Reviews, approves and/or troubleshoots Top of Production (TOP) samples for aesthetic and fit/technical issues with Design Director.
• Raises any Pre-Production (TOP) aesthetic and fit/technical issues with relevant Designer, Sales, China Office , and/or factory to solve.
• Provides Design and Sales Teams with product knowledge, insight, and other information as needed.
• Additional tasks as needed.
• Bachelor s degree in Apparel/Accessories Design or Fashion Design.
• Minimum of 4 years previous work experience in technical design, preferably 1-2 years with accessories.
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint). Previous experience with PLM a plus.
• Demonstrates strong sense of market knowledge for accessories for varying price points.
• Proven success in technical illustration and block specification development.
• General understanding of product design and development processes.
• Thorough knowledge of fabrics/materials/trims, embellishments/hardware, and textile/graphic printing processes for apparel/accessories; as well as related manufacturing processes.
• Knowledge and experience with testing, safety, and legal requirements for consumer products a plus.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; previous experience communication with overseas partners.
• Strong ability to interact and successfully collaborate with multiple teams and staff members.
• Positive, passionate, upbeat, can-do, even-keeled attitude; constant drive to improve, succeed, and grow; fearless and willing problem-solver who is determined to work together and find solutions.
• Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills; proven ability to seamlessly and confidently switch between multiple projects, re-prioritizing while efficiently managing deadlines.
• Travel may be required as needed (domestic and/or international).
TO APPLY // Submit brief cover letter and resume through Malakye.