The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating daily distribution of products from factory resources to domestic and Mexico printers. The Production Manager will work with manufacturers to create high-quality products with timely delivery and ensure competitive pricing. Manage products throughout the production lifecycle ensuring that the manufacturing processes run reliably and efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee daily coordination and communication with domestic/Mexico printers and management of their workflow and WIP reports
- Provide status reports to direct manager
- Source and purchase wholesale blank inventory for production
- Assist IC team with all suppliers to ensure POD’s are being received
- Responsible for ensuring that accuracy and daily management of all print programs fall within the specified production lead time and communication of pending or potential issues that would restrict shipment
- Communicating internally the status of all shipments to necessary departments to ensure shipping occurs on time
- Monitoring shipments to make sure all paperwork is received on time and complete
- Work with and mentor Production Coordinators to ensure operations are meeting established timelines
- Other duties assigned as needed
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Our Production Manager must thrive in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment who is highly organized, can multi-task, and has the capacity to work in ever changing/increasing volumes of tasks and daily workload. They must also have the ability to operate and communicate inter-departmentally, whether written or verbally.
• The ideal candidate will be able to independently, and as a team lead, handle moderately complex production responsibilities and have a solid understanding of the factors driving supply chain and product costs, and alternatives to reduce cost. They must be able to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects with overlapping deadlines and production schedules. This individual will be proactive, resourceful, and is driven by a high sense of urgency.