Graphic Artist/Ilustrator will work to develop and implement creative, unique, and innovative graphic design concepts and solutions to strengthen the brand image for license, branded, and private label divisions. The Graphic Artist/Illustrator collaborates with multiple team members to develop our image through the production of: graphics, images, spec-sheets, garment hangtags, tradeshow exhibit graphics, and logos for apparel clients with high emphasis on illustration. This position is located at our corporate office in San Diego. Applicants without sample or portfolio representation will not be considered. Experience within the apparel industry is a huge plus!
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Research and development on trends, verbiages, embellishments, printing techniques, etc. for targeted demographic
• Receive and execute direction given from Creative & Art Directors as well as sales.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
• Diverse illustration style/ability to execute multiple style for Mens and Boys demographics
• Look at selling and design artwork per account and retailer tiers
• Collaborate with other artists on problem solving, trends, and ideas
• Work extra hours as needed to meet deadlines when necessary
• Understanding the rules and regulations of Mad Engine licenses
• Process and submit graphics for submissions in a timely manner
• Creating line sheets for presentation and catalogs
• Art sizing for garments
• Knowledge of pop culture is a huge plus!!
• Ability to use Wacom Cintiq a plus
• Regularly communicates project/program status and key metrics to the Art Director
• Other duties assigned as needed
The Graphic Artist/Illustrator must be a team player and able to work under tight deadlines. Must be able to multi-task and switch gears at the drop of a hat. To successfully fulfill this position, the graphic artist will be creative and progressive in design approach, have the ability to take criticism positively and willing to be held to a high standard. To be progressive, the Graphic Artist/Illustrator continuously find new ways to do things and to create interest and excitement for each assignment. An eagerness to learn and genuine interest about this industry’s happenings and the word in general are important.
The ideal candidate will be focused—having the ability to work on a single task for long periods of time without getting distracted—but is also flexible—having the ability to be diverted off a project intermittently and able to return without losing one’s place or momentum.