Mad Engine is looking to add a Director of Import Production to the team in Glendale to head up it’s Girls division. This position will lead the Import Production team, which oversees the production, sourcing, and costing process for all import styles in our overseas supply chain for the girl’s division. This position is expected to work cross functionally between all import production managers as well as sales, customer service, and logistics teams to ensure timely processing and monitoring of all active import orders. This position is expected to exemplify hard work and integrity in all dealings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for independent judgement and constant communication with both internal teams and vendors on status updates, and potential production concerns buyer/licensing/testing submits, and documents related to incoming import shipments.
• Follows through with manufactures on strategic sourcing/pricing and production placement for all girl division orders.
• Directs the production team to ensure timely delivery of product and consistent monitoring of weekly production reports.
• Works with cross functional departments that are related to production to make sure deadlines are met.
• Captures potential issues during the production process and communicating this and resolve it promptly to ensure minimal effects on the production calendar.
• Creates a collaborative and positive team environment that encourages authentic and transparent contribution
• Delivers the highest quality product within sample and production deadlines.
• Proactively plans, coordinate and manage external sources while identifying and addressing issues that may impact timelines or cost.
• Develop strategies and procedures to ensure products are developed consistently with established fit quality, standards, manufacturer capabilities, and cost specifications
• Understand and adapt the Company’s practices, culture, and colleagues and management team
• Ensure that the girl’s import production team meets the needs of the organization and satisfies customer requirements
• Assures that margin and financial goals process for the product cost throughout the pipeline are understood and achieved by monitoring, reporting, and influencing across function decision making.
• Embodies the high standards of the production department and actively represents the department in all calendar checkpoints and major milestone meetings.
• Develop best in class partnerships with our strategic component suppliers and contract manufacturing partners.
• Responds to internal/external inquiries for production
• Responsible for follow through and follow up with manufactures on new production item orders and revisions
• Responsible for management of all incoming shipments and communication with corresponding customer service manager detailing arrival/shipment details
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, or Business preferred or equivalent relevant experience
• 8-10 years of experience in Product Development/Production/Sourcing and/or Supply Chain
• Experience in roles of increasing scope, complexity and leadership responsibility for apparel and fabric manufacturing economics and operations management. Included but not limited to lead-times, transit times, garment and fabric construction and apparel manufacturing operations.
• Interest in sustainability is a must
• Fluent in speaking Mandarin or Spanish required
• Strong working analysis experience in Excel
• Knowledge of garment construction and Design
• Self-starter - ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager
• Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
• High level of integrity in all dealings
• Effective project management, problem solving, and negotiation skills
• Sustainable practices
• Extreme attention to details
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be deadline focused and motivated
• Scrappy - hands-on and entrepreneurial mindset
• Proven prioritization and time management
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build lasting relationships
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Mandarin or Spanish
Please submit resume and intro letter through Malakye.