Under the direct supervision of the Director of Marketing, the Graphic Designer creates, maintains and delivers graphic design for all electronic and printed marketing assets in keeping with the CMC brand guidelines. From concept through execution of projects of varying scale, this position manages the entire design process including conceptualizing, conducting UI/UX research, collaborating with various internal and external teams to develop and provide graphic solutions, presenting and reviewing prototypes/storyboards, to producing the final design.
The Graphic Designer is part of a creative and collaborative Marketing team that works together to build a strong CMC brand presence.
• Work with Director of Marketing to execute the creative vision for the company.
• Manage various creative projects from start to finish, consistently meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations on marketing deliverables.
• Collaborate with Marketing Team to provide creative design solutions to ensure brand continuity across all assets and platforms including email and social media campaigns, PowerPoint templates, packaging, website, trade show booth, instruction manuals and other print/digital assets.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with sales, product development, and CMC School teams to determine optimal, customer focused UI/UX web strategies as well as print and promotional material.
• Define the requirements, visualizing and creating graphics, including illustrations, logos, layouts, ensuring all design initiatives are in line with CMC’s goals and brand guidelines.
• Investigate and resolve design problems by conducting extensive market research in order to find the best creative solutions.
• Schedule project implementation and identify budget constraints.
• Present work, amend final designs per internal clients’ comments and gain full approval.
• Initiate and manage new and existing vendor relations (ex: catalog, trade show booth, print and promotional product vendors).
• Manage User Interface designs while working with the Digital Marketing Manager to enhance the User Experience of the CMC website.
• Manage process for catalog updates or creation.
• Create new design for product instruction manuals and cards.
• Optimize all product images for website.
• Upload images and product sheets to Word Press ahead of launch.
• Archive all digital assets in accordance with established DAM processes.
• Provide digital ads and trackable links to Online Ad Properties.
• Work with advertisers for timely and useable ad submissions.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
• Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas.
• Up to date with industry leading software and technologies Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, After Effects), Google Products (docs, sheets, slides), Content Management Systems (WordPress), Basic CSS and HTML.
• Highly proficient in all design aspects.
• Copy writing and editing skills.
• Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines.
• Attention to Detail.
• Very well organized.
• Customer Focused.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, or related field preferred
• Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio with 3-5 years of experience