Chief of Staff to the CEO
- Boardriders Inc
- United States
- Huntinton Beach, CA
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
Boardriders Inc is in search of a Chief of Staff to the CEO to join the team at headquarters in Huntington Beach, CA.
It’s an exciting time at Boardriders. As we venture through the next phase of our evolution, the Chief of Staff will play a critical role in supporting the newly appointed CEO of Boardriders as he leads the global integration of the Billabong business and team into Boardriders and grows the combined business. As the Chief of Staff, your primary functions will be: Executive Support, Project Management, Communications and Strategic Analysis.
• Manage multi-disciplinary projects through entire project lifecycle (manage project schedule, identify risks and clearly communicate goals to stakeholders).
• Research, prioritize, and follow-up on incoming issues addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, and/or response.
• Prepare updates and organize information for reports, correspondence, presentations, budgets, etc. Proofread documents for accuracy, format and arrangement of material.
• Prepare for various meetings, including Board of Directors meetings and all-employee Town Halls (build presentations, reports, spreadsheets, data analytics, conduct research etc.).
• Facilitate and manage action items from day-to-day leadership team meetings.
• Complete a broad range of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active meeting calendar; composing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; completing expense reports and light personal support.
• Ensure daily prioritization of communication, finding meeting space and scheduling conference calls over multiple time zones, while delivering action items.
• Plan team meetings (e.g. staff meetings, employee Town Halls, off-sites management meetings, etc.).
• Establish and manage relationships both internally and externally, forming strategic partnerships to support the business.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & EDUCATION //
• BA/BS degree from a top university or college.
• 5+ years of experience supporting a senior executive.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Able to work quickly under pressure.
• Strong project management skills with analytical and business acumen – reflected in successful project completions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong grammar, spelling and proofreading.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Highly collaborative with ability to work with executives and stakeholders across all functions. Experience effectively working cross-functionally in a heavily matrixed organization.
• Proven ability to use discretion when working with confidential information.
• Able to adapt to competing demands with the highest level of service and response.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS //
• Pre-MBA candidate.
• 5+ years of experience in Strategy and/or Project Management.
• An understanding of the retail/apparel industry.
TO APPLY // Please submit your application via the link below and let us know that Malakye is your industry resource.