- Boardriders Inc
- United States
- Huntington Beach, CA
- 2 year(s)
- Not Available
The Demand Planner owns the Forecasting/Planning Process to ensure the right product is available at the right time to achieve the overall inventory management objectives, while minimizing excess and obsolescence.
This position will be measured against the sales and financial goals of the business unit. Additionally, this position must forge strong and positive relationships with key cross-functional partners, including sales, marketing, finance, and supply chain teams.
• Create a baseline forecast using multiple sources of data and various quantitative techniques
• Utilize historical data, current order-book trends, and statistical models to facilitate the agreement of a consensus business plan with sales and finance
• Work closely with product managers for each product category to translate product trends and sales plans into the demand forecast and inventory purchase decisions
• Leverage consensus plans to create product group & SKU level forecasts and execute the buy
• Effectively maintain the Inventory Purchase Process
• Own demand-to-forecast deviation review. Identify, articulate and effectively react to sales trends as well as inventory risks & opportunities in-season
• Own the identification of materials for the quarterly inventory hold process
• Own the sales-analysis process. Identify risks and opportunities against forecast
• Support the annual financial planning and budgeting process
• Create monthly Inventory Forecast for Executive Management
• Perform forecast accuracy analysis – Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly. Document and analyze key drivers of forecast accuracy variances.
• Perform SKU Productivity Analysis
• Utilize SAP and Business Objects systems in daily business analysis
• 2+years experience in demand planning, inventory management, and seasonal buying in a wholesale environment
• BA/ BS in Finance, Economics, Business, Supply Chain or related field
• Strong understanding of the sales process and skill for leveraging market trend/insights to drive buying
• Expert level knowledge in Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office tools
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Highly developed analytical and numeric reasoning skills
• Experience with balancing financial risks & opportunities to drive smart cross-functional decisions
• Excellent communications skills to consult and influence diverse business partners
• Experience conceptualizing, developing and implementing new processes as well as improving existing processes
• Experience analyzing and presenting hindsight data to develop financially-based merchandising insights and direction
TO APPLY // Please apply via the link provided and be sure to let us know that Malakye is your industry resource!