The Ecommerce Customer Service Manager will be responsible for the overall team and operations of the call center. The Manager will hire, train, coach and guide call center Leads and Agents in their day-to-day. The Manager will ensure that the call center effectively facilitates the ordering, return, delivery and general customer service requirements of our D2C customers across the Boardriders brands. The Manager will be responsible for regularly reporting on and measuring efficiency, meeting KPIs, and ensuring the delivery of quality service to the customer. The Customer Service Manager reports to the Ecommerce Director of Operations.
This role resides in the Boardriders headquarters in Huntington Beach, CA.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities are able to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Foster a productive and engaging work environment by providing motivation, support and guidance to the call center team.
- Establish and measure a high standard for staff productivity through reporting, reviews, regular communication, and taking appropriate corrective action when required.
- Prepare, publish and analyze call center reports to identify trends, improve processes, problem solve, properly allocate resources, and maximize efficiency.
- Responsible for the creation and documentation of new and improved call center processes to drive efficiency and quality delivery of service to customers.
- Lead daily team huddles, communicate the prioritization of tasks, delegate tasks when appropriate, and identify/facilitate ongoing training of team members and new hires.
- Serve as a Level 2 point of escalation for incoming customer calls, emails and other inquiries in a supportive, friendly and helpful manner to avoid further escalation.
- Provide support to the Ecommerce Director of Operations with projects and other tasks as needed.
- Liaise with multiple external departments regarding general customer information and feedback to ensure a well – coordinated and streamlined customer service process.
- Use high level communication and rapport building skills when interacting with customers and internal/external parties in order to develop relationships.
- 3+ years experience managing a call center and its personnel
- Proficient in ZenDesk (Power User is a PLUS)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self- motivated with exceptional problem-solving skills
- Decisiveness with strong attention to detail and an ability to meet deadlines
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with an ability to multi-task
- Team player with a flexible approach
- High level of motivation and energy
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel