Boardriders, Inc., is the world’s leading action sports and lifestyle company that designs, produces and distributes branded apparel, footwear and accessories for Boardriders around the world. The Company’s apparel and footwear brands, represent a casual lifestyle for young-minded people who are inspired by a passion for outdoor action sports. The Company’s Quiksilver, Billabong, Roxy, DC Shoes, RVCA, Element, VonZipper, Kustom and Palmers brands have authentic roots and heritage in surf, snow and skate. With approximately 10,000 team members globally, the Company’s products are sold in more than 110 countries in a wide range of distribution, including surf shops, skate shops, snow shops, its proprietary Boardriders stores and other Company-owned retail stores, select department stores and through various e- commerce channels.
"Boardriders is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including: Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans”
This Merchandise Planner role will be responsible for planning and buying Element/DC Shoes for our eCommerce website. This will be a hybrid role with main function in planning inventory levels and turn, but will also be required to place buys for preseason and in season as well. Responsible for manager Men's and Women's, Apparel, Swim, Accessories, and Footwear. Reporting directly to planning manager, under the leadership and supervision of Head of Buying.
• Execute assortment plans to meet seasonal sales and margin targets
• Provides input into the Hindsighting and Insighting processes
• Collaborate with ecomm team and digital marketing team to build seasonal email calendar which aligns with global campaigns, promotional activities, and key volume category investments
• Influences and guides the regional line architecture to include ecomm specific product needs; recommendations will be provided on:
• Style and option count by category
• Key perennials and best sellers needed
• Segmentation of styles across inline, speed-to-market, supplements, collabs, and long-lifecycle
• Manage the OTB and inventory levels, providing course of action on reorders of top sellers, markdowns on worst sellers, and increases/decreases on receipts for future seasons
• Provide analysis on selling and reporting weekly/monthly to leadership
• Manage transfer and markdown files
• Partner closely with web merchandiser and E-comm team to provide insight on selling, with recommendations on featured top sellers, key trends, and brand marketed campaigns; these sales analysis will be used for e-mails, homepage features, site placement, and marketing calendar shifts
• Additional tasks as needed