- United States
- Long Beach
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
We are looking for an extremely talented graphic artist to work with our clients in the beauty and fashion industries.
The Graphic Designer collaboratively manages the graphics component of various merchandise and marketing products. This includes the creation, executing the layout and providing input on trend-appropriate graphics concepts for all design needs, including garments, logos, illustrations, advertisements and online marketing materials.
Roles and Responsibilities
Strategy & Innovation
Research and identify graphics trend directions in collaboration with Creative Director; lead and execute the development of themes and concepts; create brand right presentation boards for meetings.
Monitor new trends, techniques, treatments and resources in graphic design and production.
Present seasonal theme, inspiration and innovation boards to design and sales team.
Operations & Results
Execute translation of the brand, where applicable, into compelling graphic deliverables for garments, logos, illustrations, photographs, tags, labels, marketing materials; collaborate with Designers and Creative Director to incorporate graphics into clothing lines
Provide expert knowledge on graphics aesthetics, processes, and treatments and manage reference library
Customers & Relationships
Manage follow-up with internal partners in design and production; manage interoffice communication and relationships with vendors and manufacturers; manage existing relationships and develop relationships with new suppliers, vendors and business partners to monitor trends, leverage new resources and implement most current processes
Partner with the Law Department to ensure that graphics/designs do not infringe on intellectual property rights and register new rights where necessary
Leadership & Teams
Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
• 2 - 5 years’ experience in graphic design; significant relevant experience in category
• Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative
• Creativity, technical capability and sensibility for graphics and fonts; strong ability to sketch
• Extensive knowledge of traditional and web-based graphic production techniques, including color separations, camera-ready art, heat transfers, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field
• Expert in Adobe products and Mac computers; highly proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop.
Lots of room for creativity and growth