The Duck Company is seeking highly driven results-oriented sales teammates who will engage in strategic partnership development and execution of The Duck’s sales and brand strategy within existing territories and accounts across North America, and the Caribbean.
Our products celebrate adventures and help people SMILE, CONNECT & SHARE. Travelers discover us at specialty shops and experience-based retailers throughout North America and the Caribbean. We encourage people to get out and find us, EVERYWEAR!
To build retail partnerships that last a lifetime, The Duck created the only direct sales model in our industry. Our sellers meet our customers, face-to-face, where they are at; their store, neighborhood coffee shop, in their market. Wearever.
This individual will be able to create and execute a sales plan that is geared toward a customer and across a defined territory. Must be well versed in driving profitable sales growth by planning, telling a holistic story (brand presentation), traveling to the market, listening to customers and driving sell through. You will be joining a strong team and must be comfortable with drive, conflict, communication, and trust.
The experience for this role includes: consultative sales skills, ability to identify target markets and/or customers and recognizing different sales cycles. This position will leverage existing relationships, channel partnerships and prospecting to develop sales opportunities that will lead to sales growth. This individual will be measured on the ability to grow the existing customers and territories and manage sales expenses to budget. Must always also display high integrity, be fully capable to communicate both internally and externally, exhibit strong (customer/sales) funnel management, and forecasting skills.
This is a HIGH growth opportunity, so this person will be willing to do what it takes to grow sales through current and new customers and existing and new products. The role also has upward promotion potential for motivated candidates. If you’re hungry and ready to hustle, you’ll find all the success you want here.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Must be eager to travel 50%+ of the time
• Collaborate with regional sales directors and other sales team members to establish and execute the sales plan for each customer with a region/territory.
• Learn the competitive landscape, market pricing and strategy.
• Account planning, revenue forecasting, program management and opportunity assessment for the short term and on an annual basis at the customer/market level.
• Advises/Consults with customer to maximize their profit by offering items that meet this objective. This would take into consideration competitive developments, pricing impacts and new item placements.
• Establishes new accounts within the current markets.
• Creates and submits sales orders.
• Accountable for business growth within markets/territories.
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
• The willingness to learn the DUCK WAY of selling and dealing with customers.
• Lives the Duck Values
• Base Salary of $30,000 + Commission– (Current Accounts)
• Annual earning potential $50k++, no caps