Kathmandu is a leading travel and adventure clothing and equipment retailer, inspiring adventure in everyone. A true Australasian retail success story, Kathmandu has a proven growth strategy in Australia and New Zealand, with further opportunity to grow internationally.
We are looking for a broadly experienced Outdoor Professional who has mastered the art of critical thinking and goal setting to take on the role of Product Developer for our equipment range based at our Head Office in the city centre of Christchurch.
The Product Developer works closely between Product Management Design, Product Development and Product Operations. You will develop products which meet or exceed predetermined targets, you will also be responsible for communicating the specifications and product details to the Suppliers and other vested parties.
Reporting to the Product Development Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Managing the commercialisation Kathmandu’s range of Equipment including Packs and Bags, Tents and Sleeping Bags as well as a range of associated soft and hard goods to cost and quality
• Planning and actively tracking the development schedule of products to ensure timely completion to seasonal calendar
• Ensuring technical superiority and product quality/integrity of all products under their responsibility
• Management of Technical Specifications from handover to production by consultation with design on fabrications and construction methods throughout the design phase
• Implementation of general and market specific compliance onto products in accordance with Kathmandu Compliance standards
• Assessing product risk and executing associated risk mitigation plans including development of testing plans ensuring fit for purpose
This is not a job; it’s a career opportunity for a candidate who will thrive in a fun, fast paced but professional environment. You will;
• Have a qualification in Product Development, Industrial Design or Technical Design OR 10+ years of related industry experience specific to the outdoor category
• Must have a high level of knowledge and expertise around fabrications, welding, moulding, construction, print and embroidery
• Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of pack fitting, pattern making and construction expertise
• Have experience working with offshore vendors
• Must have a high level of knowledge of interpreting design details and manufacturing processes
The right personal attributes that align with Kathmandu’s friendly and open culture and values is paramount; we are our Brand, and have affinity for travel and adventure lifestyle pursuits, we want you to understand our passion too.
If you are looking for a role with a forward thinking, innovative company where you can have a real impact on direction, this is the role for you. Kathmandu offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with level of experience, fantastic staff discounts, and a relaxed and friendly team environment.
Senior Product Developer – Equipment & Soft Goods (Fixed term 14 months)
|Required Experience:||0 year(s)|
|Salary Range:||Not available|
Posted 11 days ago