This is a full-time road rep position with a great brand, base pay and commission, and great support to help you spared the word about us and sell.
We are a fast growing, San Diego lifestyle brand, that specializes in having fun and creating amazing eco-conscious products. We are looking for a dedicated sales person to join our team. Are you motivated and ready to prove yourself? Are you a road warrior who thrives when developing new business and growing current business?
Territory and Compensation:
Territory = San Diego to Santa Barbara and everything in between
Full time position, salary ($35k-$65K), plus unlimited commission/bonus structure
On the road 70-80% of the time
Your mission is to expand our position in the Southern California region, developing new relationships and strengthening exposure in existing accounts. To do so, you will have to identify, qualify and execute new distribution opportunities, educate and influence retailers and end customers on the value of the company’s portfolio.
You will provide sales, marketing and technical support to retailers as well as liaise with all different departments to help us create the incredible customer experience we take pride in.
We will count on you to maximize our sales process to achieve territory budget and deadlines by providing precise territory forecasts, building an accurate sales pipeline and optimizing the sales cycle.
You will have to stay current with competitive landscape, products and trends and share regular feedback with product development and marketing teams.
To excel and thrive in this role:
- Challenges fire you up! You are a result driven person and you’re not afraid to set ambitious goals; You want to prove to yourself and everyone else what you are made of;
- You never let yourself be discouraged by a NO. You know it is part of the job and you know how to keep your motivation at the top level; You are committed to success and you know that work and effort always pays off;
- You understand sales and the retail industry; Hurray if you have sales background and previous success! You will be effective quickly. Otherwise, you are welcome if strongly committed to learning;
- You are a people person; you love meeting new clients, talking with and educating shop employees;
- You always keep a professional attitude, knowing that you represent the company everywhere and you take pride to show up at your best; Your work ethic and integrity are important values;
- You’re a team player who is also comfortable working alone. You don’t hesitate to share your ideas to improve your team’s methods;
- You feel at ease with reporting and measuring your progress and share it with your manager and team to seek for improvement and coaching;
- You understand that it is not a 9 to 5 job and that you may have to work on weekends, especially during the peak season, while you will attend to demos as well as retailers & industry events;
- You can relate to and comfortably sell to many different types of retailers.
- You’re not afraid of driving and you know how to be efficient during those long drives;
- You are used to travel for work; you can be away from home for up to 3-4 days per week oftentimes, sometimes more:
Before you apply:
- 4+ years sales experience in Southern California (desired industries; action sports, sporting goods, boutique, fitness, golf)
- Your driver’s license is valid, and your driving record is clean. You’re going to drive for more than 5 hours regularly
- You are at ease with Microsoft Office 365 and other IT tools
And if you have this experience we will be very happy:
You have a background in a B2B2C sales model.
Please submit resume and brief cover letter through Malakye.com