JOB SUMMARY: Â
VICE Media is looking for a temporary (3 month) Research DirectorÂ in our Brooklyn, NY office. This position will conduct and manage consumer research for both the VICE brand and client brands. Candidates should be proactive, organized, creative, and curious about the world around them. They should have extensive experience with qualitative, quantitative and trend spotting research. The Research Director will report directly to the VP of Insight.Â
- Manage day to day research projects for VICE and brand clients
- Translate research objectives into discussion guides, questionnaires, and data plans independently and in partnership with 3rd party research vendors
- Lead analysis and reporting of research results, working closely with the VP of Insight to finalize materials for presentation
- Responsible for day to day client communications regarding research initiatives
- Lead proposal writing
- Spearhead trend spotting and reporting to internal and external clients, consistently monitoring and researching youth trends in media, technology, music, sports, etc.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:Â
- Bachelorâ??s Degree in a relevant field required
- 7+ years experience in consumer research
- Solid project management and organizational skills with ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail
- Desire to innovate and think outside traditional research methodologies
- Ability to analyze and summarize data across methodologies â?? quantitative and qualitative
- Experience with brand equity and communications tracking and campaign evaluation research
- Experience with attitude and behavior research, including segmentation
- Experience with trend spotting and analysis
- Proficiency with data analysis tools such as SPSS or SAS
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, KeyNote and Excel
- Excellent verbal, written an presentation skills
- Ability to handle a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience at a market research agency or media company is preferred
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know.Â Â We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity.Â Â At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture.Â Â We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.Â
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S.Â Â Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
Â ⏵ Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.Â Â Â The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job.Â Â VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies:Â Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.