We are currently seeking a Graphic Designer to join our team in San Diego, CA. The Graphic Designer reports directly to the Senior Designer while supporting the entire Hemlock team across a variety of design tasks including sales and digital marketing assets, while assisting with product development and packaging design. We are seeking a dynamic Graphic Designer that can excel in both a graphic/digital design (80%) and product design (20%) role.
Graphic Design (80%)
- Work collaboratively with the sales, product and marketing teams to design and execute on graphic assets for catalogs, web, email, social, ads, and other ad-hoc design needs.
- Develop in-store signage, marketing campaigns, and other assets used to promote new product and launches as needed.
- Partner with site merchandiser to edit and maintain digital assets for website and other selling channels.
- Work in email client to execute dynamic email campaigns, maintain email scheduling and overall aesthetics and design direction that tie back to brand vision.
- Work closely with print house to insure on time arrival of all printed goods such as catalogs, box inserts and other physical marketing materials.
Product and Technical Design (20%)
- Assist Senior designer with the creation, revision, and management of all digital files, tech packs for product, trims and packaging design.
- Assist with the product development process from conception to production, including the management of prototypes and sample stage process.
- Ideate, render, and prototype concepts with a wide variety of compelling colors, materials, and finishes.
- Communicate and work closely with our network of freelance creators, textile artists, photographers and other media contacts to ensure quality and precision of art or designs required for projects and collections.
- Compile and support on-going production documentation with precise attention to detail.
- Record and document design comments for each stage in the development and production process.
- Analyze and deliver clear and concise feedback to ensure accurate quality and execution of final production assets and deliverables.
- Work closely with production team for all R&D and sampling needs for future products and accessories.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities to develop innovative strategies for sourcing new on trend color, materials, patterns trims and finishes for each season.
- Work with partnering brands on in-house collaborations, licensed goods, and other cross-branded projects.
- Communicate with domestic and overseas suppliers as needed.