Canada Goose, located in Toronto, Ontario Canada is looking for a Senior Material Sourcing Manager.
The Senior Material Sourcing Manager is responsible for building and maintaining vendor relationships and negotiating materials (fabric and trim) costs/minimum/lead-time/capacity. The Material Sourcing Manager works closely with Finance, Material Development and Replenishment Planning to develop effective costing strategies for raw materials each season. They will lead the efforts in material consolidations, monitoring capacity planning, and partnering with cross functional teams for delivery and quality performance while maintaining high quality standards of CG products. They will work closely with Material Development and CSR in the on-boarding process and training of new suppliers, as well as in the exiting process of existing suppliers.
• Actively work with Sr. Director, Finance and Material Development to develop costing strategies for materials with assigned suppliers every season.
• Negotiate costs, minimums, lead-times, capacity and purchasing terms.
• In line with forecasting deadlines, take the lead in identifying items and/or suppliers that may have capacity limitations to support forecast volumes across assigned product categories.
• Actively work with Sr. Director, Material and Product Development, and Replenishment Planning to develop alternative plans for specific material item(s) and/or supplier(s) that have insufficient capacity to support the season’s forecast and anticipated growth.
• Negotiate supplier contracts, management strategies, and procurement policy interpretation.
• Manage supplier relationship and engage a diverse set of stakeholder groups
• Identify, develop and implement process improvement initiatives
• Maintain open and frequent communication with Replenishment Planning, Material Development, Color, Material Quality, Product Development, QA, and Production on all issues related to material costing, quality, capacity, delivery, and suppliers’ performance issues.
Experience, Education and Designations:
• Previous experience in material development, testing, sourcing, or a Material Management role.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Purchasing/Procurement/Sourcing responsibilities
• Hands-on experience in leading strategic sourcing initiatives, managing projects, contracts and vendors
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
• Microsoft office (particularly Excel)
• Previous experience with Dynamic/another ERP System and PLM
• Knowledge of textile and garment construction
• Excellent Analytical skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required for frequent communication with overseas suppliers
• Office and manufacturing environment
• 15% domestic and international travel is required
Senior Material Sourcing Manager
|Required Experience:||6 year(s)|
|Salary Range:||Not available|
Posted 7 days ago