ESXL is on a mission to become New York’s esports organization, beginning with the successful launch of NYXL, New York’s franchise in Activision Blizzard’s Overwatch League. With the league’s best record, MVP and a roster stacked with all-stars, NYXL was a gold standard in the Overwatch League's inaugural season. Now begins the evolution of ESXL into a broader, multi-team branded house that will define the identity of New York esports.
As our Sr. Technical Apparel Designer, you'll design innovative apparel product with direction given from design management, utilize design skills to create original, innovative designs that appropriately reflect our progressive e-Sports design philosophy. Create innovation in a wide-open space and e-Sports marketplace. You'll communicate design concepts effectively and present concepts within category team and leadership. Be the design lead for all product and graphics in the organization. Create and revise tech packs for assigned styles and ensure all appropriate development documentation is maintained including product specs and prototype notes. In addition, will execute fit and construction standards for a category or product group to ensure consistency. Will monitor and communicate progress and challenges throughout the product testing process to meet product integrity requirements.
· Prepare presentation materials that effectively communicate the concept behind the line for internal and external audiences.
· Work with merchandising & business leadership and category team members in design, development and merchandising to ensure feasibility of designs, meeting price point, merchandising needs and product creation timelines.
· Ensure technical specification packs are completed accurately and on time.
· Manage and adhere to product development calendar.
· Collaborate with Merchandising VP and Creative Directors in executing the line architecture & category strategies.
· Provide prototype sampling information such as: fabrication, color, graphic applications, style, detail, fit requirements, etc.
· Monitor the development of prototype samples and interact with development, pattern making, materials, apparel lab, field testing and the sample room to exchange ideas and ensure timely completion of each project.
· Work with design management and/or PLM & VP Merchandising to actively gain experience, enhance design skills and increase knowledge of NYXL design philosophy, products and processes.
· Develop strong knowledge of supplier base and sourcing.
· Ensure samples are correct and on time.
· Build awareness of current trends, color, technology and sports related products through research and travel. Conducting regular competitor analysis activities.
· In addition, you'll provide design support for the graphic designer as needed.