Costa Del Mar Sunglasses headquarters in Daytona Beach, Florida is here looking for a Product Manager who specializes in Apparel & Accessories.
Costa is a dynamic member of one of the world’s most prestigious commercial optical enterprises, Essilor International, and the fastest-growing sun brand in the United States. Using its proprietary optical technology, Costa produces the world’s best polarized performance sunglasses, which continue to capture devotees from fishermen to sports and outdoor enthusiasts alike. Consumers can find Costa products across a large network of prominent retailers, including Dick’s Sporting Goods, Dillard’s, and Hibbett Sports.
The company’s exciting new opportunities and loyal followers are a true testament to the unwavering mission of its original founders, a group of hardcore fishermen who spent their days exploring the globe and battling extreme elements and came to realize that the sunglasses they were relying on weren't as hardcore as their adventures. They founded Costa in 1983 with a commitment to produce “the best sunglasses on the planet for life’s greatest adventures.”
While anglers, surfers, college students, and water enthusiasts remain core customers, Costa’s ambitious growth strategy and innovative marketing approach is accelerating the brand’s entry into new customer and geographic segments. After a generation of growth fueled by aggressive brand-building and development of related sunglass and lifestyle accessories, Costa is at a pivotal point as it builds momentum in other parts of the U.S., and internationally. Costa is building the organization of the future and this position plays an important role in the brand’s future success.
The Product Manager provides a broad scope of involvement in the development and management of Costa’s apparel and accessories product design. The Product Manager will lead all aspects for market/trend analysis, concept briefing, garment development with agencies and contractors, and timeline management. This role works in tandem with the Graphic Art manager and reports to the Senior Category Manager.
• Market/Trend Analysis: Performs online and store market research for new product opportunities. Learn the retail landscape as it pertains to Costa apparel & accessories. Constant connection with apparel & accessories/product trends in related markets. Work with suppliers to develop new garment designs with market right fabrications, design details, and embellishments.
• Product Vision & Roadmap: Collaborate with the Graphic Art Manager and team to concept and develop product stories and messaging that is consistent with brand standards and marketing messaging. Participate in building the product roadmap and planning product evolution beyond one season.
• Garment Design Development: Work with external design resources to advance Costa’s apparel and headwear styling with new silhouette and materials development. Collaborate with the Graphic Art Manager to enhance Costa’s blank program
• Concept Briefing/Agency Direction: Develop brand and trend focused concept briefs for apparel agents. Collaborate with internal partners to insure alignment with company product stories. Provide rich image and color reference to agencies for line development.
• Agency/Contractor Management: Serve as a primary contact with agencies and contractors. Manage all aspects of garment R&D with agencies and contractors.
• Timelines: Insure all development aligns with go to market timelines. Provide agencies with key dates and facilitate review meetings internally and externally.
• Go to market: Manage the development of all go to market materials for the category. Collaborate with contractors and internal departments to compile materials for launches.
• SMU/GWP Management: Manage special make up requests and gift with purchase items. Develop a tracking/management tool to provide visibility to projects and status.
• Standards development: Clearly define garment production details through spec development. Maintain fit consistency and brand right embellishments for import apparel and headwear. Develop and maintain fabric and trim standards.
• Line Detail Management: Develop and communicate line details to key departments internally and externally.
• Other duties may be assigned as business needs arise.
PROFICIENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Fashion Merchandising, Apparel Merchandising/ Design or a related field
• 3-5 years of apparel product management experience
• Experience and proven success in translating business strategy and analysis into successful consumer products
• Advanced skills using Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
• Strong knowledge of apparel construction, trims, costing, fitting, color approval, and overall manufacturing process from inception through production
• Demonstrates a solid knowledge of product category, product materials, and product development lifecycle
• Some garment design experience preferred
• Ability to build collaborative cross functional relationships
• Outdoor Industry experience is a plus
• Fluent English (both spoken and written), other language is a plus
• Strong business partnering skills
ADDITIONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Communication – Ability to effectively exchange information with internal and external customers; clear and concise verbal and written communication; active and empathic listener to others views and provides constructive feedback.
• Relationship Management – Ability to manage interactions with employees to provide high quality service and to support the organization; establish credibility, promote teamwork and mutual respect.
• Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
To apply for this position, please submit resume along with salary requirements through Malakye.com