The Skateboard Operations and Coaches Manager of the Homage Skateboard Academy – Brooklyn teaches our students skateboarding skills and how to use those skills to build their personal development and life skills. In addition, the Skateboard Operations and Coaches Manager works with the coaching staff to help them build their teaching skills and ensure our students progress in their personal life skill development and skateboarding skills as well.
⏵ Develop Skateboarding Skills for our students and our coaching staff
⏵ Our Skateboard Operations and Coaches Manager is responsible for training all of our other staff coaches to be able to deliver all of the programs that we offer at an out of this world quality level.
⏵ Our Skateboard Operations and Coaches Manager must be committed to the personal development of all of our students and our staff coaches. This includes teaching them techniques and skills and helping them advance their level of skateboarding proficiency.
⏵ Our Skateboard Operations and Coaches Manager must also help our students develop the drive and desire to be the best that they can be in everything they take on, using skateboarding as the vehicle to help them accomplish this mind set. Our Skateboard Operations and Coaches Manager also works with our students to teach them about ethical behavior and good sportsmanship, and assist in the development of leadership skills.
Training Programs and Coaching Team Management
1. Conducts training and assesses development needs for our coaches.
2. Evaluates the results and progress of our students and works with coaches to develop and implement classes and programs to help students build and advance their skateboarding skills, using skateboarding to build their personal life skills.
3. Assigns coaches to classes and programs. Communicates the class and program schedule to the staff.
4. Proposes training and development programs and objectives to Owners.
5. Develops and maintains communications tools to keep the staff informed such as bulletin boards and email communication to ensure our coaches have knowledge of programs, events and resources.
6. Modifies classes and programs offered as needed, without changing structure or curriculum. Suggests curriculum changes to Owners as appropriate.
7. Develops and monitors spending and investment in training and development efforts.
8. Obtains and /or develops effective training materials utilizing a variety of media.
9. Trains our coaches, and others involved in working with our students.
10. Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
The Skateboard Operations and Coaches Manager needs to be able to administer emergency first aid as required.
The Skateboard Operations and Coaches Manager must also fulfill administrative duties which include:
1. Working with the Administrative Manager to prepare and track training budget.
2. Working with the Administrative Manager on tracking attendance and ensure students are at the right place at the right time.
3. Working with the coaches to evaluate student performance and recommend future programs to help students advance their skateboarding skills.
4. Attending competitions as appropriate.
1. Manage cash box, reconciling cash balance each month, make monthly cash deposits to bank.
2. Prepare the monthly Petty cash report including all cash receipts.
3. Make sure all coaches are performing their necessary tasks and carrying their responsibilities.
4. Participate in the daily check in call with Administrative Manager.
5. Participate in a weekly meeting with the Administrative Manager,and Owners.
6. Responsible for scheduling and conducting weekly staff meeting with Assistant Manager(s).
7. Make sure all employees are being model employees by setting a good example.
8. Identify open positions and work with Administrative Manager and Owners on hiring and bringing on new staff.
9. Responsible for scheduling and conducting quarterly staff meeting. The staff meeting can be a time for training, first aid, skate sessions, etc.
10. Weekly mail call, scan and send mail to Administrative Manager once a week, urgent mail should be sent right away.
11. Manage the inventory process of all product by Assistant Manager on the first of each month
12. Manage the inventory process of all supplies by Assistant Manager on the 15th of each month.
Facility Related Responsibilities
As the first to arrive at the academy, the Skateboard Operations and Coaches Manager is responsible for delegating the opening process which includes checking heaters, gates, sweeping the ramps, vacuuming, organizing pads, shoveling snow as necessary, etc.
1. Manages the day to day activities of the Academy, ensuring that all students are participating in a safe environment, ensuring the quality of the coaching and classes provided.
2. Manages any projects or tasks related to the maintenance, repair and cleanliness of the facility.
3. Plans, organizes, facilitates and orders supplies required to deliver the classes and programs.
4. Works effectively as a team member with other members of management and the staff.
5. Plans and requests supplies required to deliver the classes and programs.
6. Tracking NY staff: attendance, lateness, vacation, sick days, write ups, no call/no shows.
7. Provide Administrative manager with any projects, repairs or builds that can be planned and scheduled in advance.
8. Monitor building maintenance and communicating with Administrative Manager. Contacting Landlord / repair people directly in emergency situations.
9. Make sure reception and shop area is clean and organized.
10. Ensure that all staff are following regular and closing procedures (light, heat, snow etc.).
1. Assists in the promotion and marketing of all programs and classes offered throughout the year. Support sign up and registration activities.
2. Responsible for sale of skate products and any hard goods items sold on site.
3. Responsible for selling program offerings: talking to customers, providing detailed information about programs, booking on the spot, and responding to customer needs and questions.
4. Attend events, promote the company / brand, attend and participate in expos as required
1. Strong verbal communication skills
2. Strong ability to motivate students
3. Organizational skills
4. Team building and collaboration skills
5. Ability to create a team amongst the coaching staff to ensure consistency in the delivery of our programs and training
6. Cultural awareness
7. Attention to detail and follow through
8. Good skateboarding skills, ability to teach others skateboarding skills
9. Mentor our students and encourage the development of leadership skills and academic success
⏵ This position supervises and manages the coaching staff at the Brooklyn location.
⏵ While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is also required to be able to skateboard at an advanced street and transition level.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
⏵ This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary based on programs running, Monday through Friday, as early as 7am to as late as 8pm. Night and weekend work may be required.
Required Education and Experience
⏵ The position requires at least five years’ experience in a leadership or management capacity. Bachelor's degree preferred.