Homage Skateboard Academy, located in Brooklyn, is looking to add Skateboard Coaches to its roster.
Teaches our students skateboarding skills and how to use those skills to build their personal development and life skills under the guidance of our Head Coach. Coaches must be committed to the personal development of all of our students. This includes teaching them maneuvers and skills and helping them advance their level of skateboarding proficiency.
Our coaches must also help students develop the drive and desire to be the best that they can be in everything they take on, using skateboarding as the vehicle to help them accomplish this mind set. Our coaches work with our students to teach them about ethical behavior and good sportsmanship, and assist in the development of leadership skills.
1. Evaluates and communicates progression of students to parents and Head Coach.
2. Help students build and advance their skateboarding skills while also using skateboarding to build their personal life skills.
3. Works assigned classes and programs. Stays up to date on the program schedule as well as staff schedule.
4. Participates in training and development programs put together by the Head Coach.
5. Works with Head Coach to modify classes and programs offered as needed, without changing structure or curriculum.
6. Retains and uses training materials provided by the Head Coach.
7. Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
1. Strong verbal communication skills
2. Strong ability to motivate students
3. Organizational skills
4. Cultural awareness
5. Attention to detail and follow through
6. Good skateboarding skills, ability to teach others skateboarding skills
7. Mentor our students and encourage the development of leadership skills and academic success
Please submit your resume / interest through Malakye.