Homage Skateboard Academy (http://www.HomageSkateboardAcademy.com)
is looking for a Seasonal Full Time Summer Coach (June-Sept) in Brooklyn, NY.
This person teaches our students skateboarding skills and how to use those skills to build their personal development and life skills under the guidance of our Senior or Head Coach. Coaches must be committed to the personal development of all of our students. This includes teaching them maneuvers and skills and helping them advance their level of skateboarding proficiency.
Our coaches must also help students develop the drive and desire to be the best that they can be in everything they take on, using skateboarding as the vehicle to help them accomplish this mind set. Our coaches work with our students to teach them about ethical behavior and good sportsmanship, and assist in the development of leadership skills.
1. Evaluates and communicates progression of students to parents and Senior or Head Coach.
2. Help students build and advance their skateboarding skills while also using skateboarding to build their personal life skills.
3. Works assigned classes and programs. Stays up to date on the program schedule as well as staff schedule.
4. Participates in training and development programs put together by the Head Coach.
5. Works with Senior or Head Coach to modify classes and programs offered as needed, without changing structure or curriculum.
6. Retains and uses training materials provided by the Senior or Head Coach.
7. Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
1. Strong verbal communication skills
2. Strong ability to motivate students
3. Organizational skills
4. Cultural awareness
5. Attention to detail and follow through
6. Good skateboarding skills, ability to teach others skateboarding skills
7. Mentor our students and encourage the development of leadership skills and academic success
1. Assists in the promotion and marketing of all programs and classes offered throughout the year. Support sign up and registration activities.
2. Responsible for soft sale of program offerings: talking to customers, providing detailed information about programs, and responding to customer needs and questions.
3. Attend events, promote the company / brand, attend and participate in expos as required
This job operates at a public skatepark or our indoor skateboarding academy. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smart phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and other presentation materials.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is also required to be able to skateboard at an advanced street and transition level.
All coaches must be able to meet all physical demands through an 8 hour shift.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Days and hours of work vary based on programs running,
weekend work required. Start time may be as early as 8am, end of shift can be as late as 9pm.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.