Buttercloth, “The World’s Most Comfortable” appeared on Shark Tank and made a deal with Robert Herjavec. Now we are one of the fastest growing men’s fashion brands. We attribute much of our success to the strength of our design and development team. To build on this momentum, we are searching for a Technical Designer who is the gatekeeper of fit and quality integrity from concept to production, and throughout the life of the garment.
• Candidate must be located in the greater Los Angeles / Orange County area
• Technical Designer articulates creative design and fit elements into technical spec sheets from the initial phase of block development, stages of fit execution to final fit approvals.
• We are looking for a professional with trained eyes and who can identify fit issues; understand shape, fabric drape, and garment proportions; provide effective fit solutions; and drive approval process.
• Your role is vital in achieving high quality design aesthetics. An ideal technical designer is a champion in sustaining fit consistency and maintaining product quality standards across all product categories.
• Your experience in product quality is an asset. We want you to deliver and maintain premium clothing workmanship that includes knowledge in stitching, seaming, and fusing technology.
• The ideal candidate can exhibit agility to support ongoing brand innovation and to remain competitive. Your experience in benchmark and research analysis to elevate existing standards and develop new fit directions adds value.
• Degree in apparel/fashion with a minimum 5+ year of Technical Design experience, preferably in Menswear.
• Proactive and able to identify and communicate fit issues; and provide directive solutions while maintaining design integrity.
• Excellent proficiency to develop and maintain spec sheets, measurement charts, sizing algorithm, and grading.
• Experience with both knit and woven fabrics – tops and bottoms product categories.
• Lead fit sessions on fit form and ‘live’ fit model in a group setting, and virtually with the factories.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, Adobe Suites (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop), WeChat and Zoom.
• Experience in product creation process and T&A Calendar, time-sensitive and able to multi-task priorities to sustain final deliveries.
• Entrepreneurial driven and must have excellent interpersonal skills in communication, in writing, in person, and with a diversified team, digitally and virtually.
• Laser focus and strong follow through - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects.
• Dynamic and collaborative to partner with internal teams (with Designers, Developers, Merchandising, Marketing and Customer Service) and external teams (with Factories and QC).
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a technical design portfolio (PDF or website link).