Come join an amazing team! Kindred Bravely is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Production Assistant who is based in San Diego or Orange County and willing to work on a flexible schedule.
Kindred Bravely is an online retailer for pregnant and breastfeeding moms who want something comfortable to wear. We are a growing team of 40+ based all over the world. Our team culture is grateful, brave, generous and encouraging. We all work together to create the best possible shopping experience and products for our customers. Oh, and did we mention we’re #20 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing privately held companies!
What we believe:
• She is the reason we exist: We have created a genuine connection with her. She feels seen and heard. She is an integral part of every decision we make. We are her.
• Work/Life Balance is an imperative: We value both work and family and bring our best selves to each by ensuring balance.
• Team Work Makes the Dream Work: We share ideas, feedback, struggles, wins and frustrations. We care for each other professionally and personally.
• Success is Sequential; Not Simultaneous: We focus on one thing at a time.
How we act:
• We have a BIAS FOR ACTION: We move quickly. We take smart risks. We solve puzzles. We make things happen.
• We HOLD OURSELVES ACCOUNTABLE: We all own the business. We clearly communicate key metrics and standards and review them regularly. We analyze results to understand why we made a decision. We are disciplined.
• We LEAD, NOT FOLLOW: We are innovative. We are curious and resourceful. We are driven and competitive (but not with each other).
• We communicate GENUINELY & TRANSPARENTLY: With each other and with her. We are present.
• We are ALWAYS LEARNING: We improve ourselves and continually look for ways to enhance the skills and abilities of our entire team.
• We are in RELENTLESS PURSUIT OF CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCELLENCE: We out-care the competition and provide the greatest experience she has ever had with a brand.
• If you’ve made it this far and you are as excited as we are, keep reading!
• Opportunity (the job): The perfect candidate for this job is passionate and knowledgeable about apparel and textiles, and must be experienced at working with Asian suppliers.
• Your hours will be flexible but will be worked between 9am to 3pm PST and 8 pm to 10 pm PST Monday through Friday. You will be required to come to the office located in Oceanside at least 2 -3 days a week.
Skills We’re Looking For:
We are looking for someone who…
• Is exceptional at whatever she or he does and proactively seeks to solve puzzles and find solutions. This is the most important factor in your success. You must be a self-starter who always seeking to improve
• Is super curious, loves to learn and grow both personally and professionally
• Is a finisher. Do you hate leaving projects unfinished? You must love the details of your work, and work dutifully to ensure tasks are complete and accurate
• Has a background in apparel, fashion, and textiles
• Possesses a solid knowledge of fabrics, apparel quality and production
• Is experienced at communicating and managing Asia based factories
• Has excellent business judgement, outstanding communication skills both verbal and written, and has a practical common sense approach to getting things done
• Has a creative mind with good understanding of fit, color, quality, and test standards
• Can operate both strategically and tactically in a fast-paced environment
• Is flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
• Working knowledge of NetSuite
• Knowledge of freight and logistics
• Knowledge of textile and garment testing standards
Who This is Not For:
• Someone who isn’t entrepreneurial or a self-starter and needs a roadmap
• Someone who is only motivated by a boss telling him or her to work harder
• Someone who isn’t curious and able to figure things out on their own
• Someone who finds themselves saying things like “this is not my job, someone else should do it”
We Hire the Best, Regardless of Their Location.
Unlike other jobs, we don’t believe that what you do should dictate whether you get to spend time with family or not.
We’re looking for people who can demonstrate they hold themselves to a higher standard in everything they do, because with great flexibility comes great responsibility.
All this flexibility doesn’t mean we’re not a close-knit team…
We Hire Characters Not Positions:
We’re a small company with big aspirations, and we work hard (and have a LOT of fun) while making that happen. If you have what it takes as an individual - in other words, if you’re a consistent high-achiever in everything you do in life - then you'll fit in well at our company.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Support the production process once the PO has been placed, Understand the style, fabric, trims, spec sheet for each product going into production
• Maintain the Order Status Report and Timing and Action Calendar for all orders
• Maintain accurate vendor details, SKU level prices, description, payment terms, HTS codes, etc. in NetSuite
• Update shipment arrival status report in NetSuite weekly
• Maintain seamless communication with the overseas factory on daily production related issues
• Review and provide all fabric and trim approvals to the factory in a timely manner
• Review all pre-production and shipment samples for measurement, construction, and overall quality
• Ensure all fabric test reports are submitted before the production start date
• Work with third party inspection services to schedule quality inspections prior to the shipment
• Work closely with Inventory Planning, Customer Care, Warehouse and Marketing to ensure seamless communication about all shipments and provide them the details as required
• Thoroughly review and approve shipping documents based on the warehouse guidelines
• Work closely with the freight forwarders ensuring that the shipments are handed over on time and follow the agreed schedule
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Experience: 2 - 3 years of experience in apparel sourcing, production management
Education: Bachelor's degree
Salary: Commensurate with experience