There are hundreds of brands and thousands of products you could choose to use to help you with bringing your belongings from one location to another and back. But for those who live an active lifestyle and don’t just want to blend in with the crowd, who are unafraid of standing out, of expressing themselves, and of what other people think about them, WE ARE OGIO!
The Product Graphic Designer is responsible for leading exploration of cosmetic and graphic applications on softgoods designs based on extensive relevant knowledge. Designer will execute design process, including trend generation and dissemination, seasonal palette creation, presentation storytelling, and application of all graphics on product. In addition lead packaging and point of purchase graphic execution.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Explore and execute product graphics, including branding, print repeats, and product identity.
• Create leading edge graphic concept design geometry using knowledge of all available design tools in conjunction with sketches, physical mockups and measurements.
• Creation and support of brand documents including Line Plans, Sales Collateral, Color on product.
• Lead on color dip, and print strike off approval. With management of brand library.
• Explore construction opportunities relevant to enhanced product aesthetics.
• Define the graphical design specification for realization of innovative designs.
• Champion graphic prototype fabrication activities.
• Detail prototype parts and participate in their fabrication
• Pro-actively interface with the Marketing & Development Group on critical-to-concept issues
• Maintain an electronic archive of applicable images, logos, etc.
• Review project progress with Principal Innovator and present possible solutions to problems
• Obtain and review latest consumer insight data, Sales reports and Tour reports
• Consider new ideas for Invention Disclosure submission
• Lead peer-to-peer review of Innovation team projects
• Present work to Brand Management as required
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Formal training in graphic arts design or extensive related work experience. Trained to develop graphics concepts and specifications through collection and creative analysis and synthesis of objective and subjective data. Also trained to prepare clear and concise recommendations through drawings, models and verbal descriptions.
• Sporting goods design experience applied to both aesthetic and technical requirements of the creation of our products. Also, experience in graphical applications on 3-D products by working with CAD files, prototype waxes, and masters is an important part of this skill.
• Packaging knowledge, and techniques including construction, printing, POP, and sustainable designs.
• Highly creative with good critical thinking skills.
• Ability to plan, analyze and interpret objective and subjective data.
• Good knowledge of the modern consumers, equipment purchase motivations and professional products.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong hands-on experience with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop in a Windows-friendly environment.
• Good working knowledge of office software products (MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Active participant of outdoor activities.
• Familiarity with print and material application knowledge.
• Knowledge of low impact and sustainable printing/ packaging methods
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design
• Minimum 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer