Based in Bend, Oregon, Aquaglide is a global manufacturer in the watersports industry. We share our passion for the outdoors by creating world class aquaparks and paddle sports products for local and global markets. With over 30 years of industry leading experience, and 120 innovative products, Aquaglide strives to enhance life on the water. Our tight-knit team is now looking to add an energetic Marketing Director.
The Marketing Director reports directly to the General Manager and is primarily responsible for leading Aquaglide’s brand development and marketing ventures. Strong experience growing brand value and revenue is required, particularly for businesses that balance eCommerce and wholesale sales. You are proactive in generating and executing unique ideas. You love analytics and base your decisions on data. No task is too big or too small and you are comfortable wearing many hats to get the job done. Our ideal candidate is dynamic, works well with others and projects positive vibes, and maintaining consistent professionalism even when under pressure.
Have a background in the marketing side of the outdoor industry or the action sports industry? Looking to contribute in a powerful way? We’d love to hear from you.
The Marketing Director is responsible for delivering innovative marketing & ecommerce campaigns to create brand awareness, improve customer experience, generate demand, and drive growth. The Marketing Director is also responsible for developing plans and executing projects and initiatives, which support both the short and long-term marketing strategy.
· Design long- and short-term strategies for both brand-building and direct sales, including events, trade shows, digital and print marketing, and PR
· Oversee growth of D2C ecommerce on the Aquaglide website and Amazon
· Develop and implement the global brand strategy. Prioritize furthering the Aquaglide brand as a premiere watersports’ brand
· Build weekly and monthly reports on marketing efforts and results
· Directly manage Digital Marketing Strategist and Graphic Designer
· Travel to sales meetings, photoshoots, and trade shows, as required to support corporate sales objectives
· Function in an open and collaborative style; must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged
Collaborate with other company leaders to make high-level decisions regarding the marketing budget and the direction of the company
· Manage brand assets and maintain brand quality standard. Review all collateral including catalogs, tech decks, manuals, product materials
· Travel and meet with aquapark operators to gain working knowledge of product performance. Communicate findings to sales, logistics and product development teams
· Work closely with the company’s sales, customer service, and product development teams; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials, presentations, and insight
· Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends by researching competitive products, campaigns, services, and current strategies to identify new opportunities
· Responsible for distribution of all marketing collateral including promo and POP materials to sales reps, consumers, and dealers
· Support the design, development, testing, and launch of new products to market ensuring they all fit to brand standards
· Perform work duties occasionally outside of traditional hours as needed to ensure success of corporate goals
All other responsibilities as needed or required