Join our talented team. Employees at Vista Outdoor are passionate and committed to delivering quality products to our customers. Our culture centers on an engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse workforce: rich in talent, background, ideas and experience.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Bell+Giro is like no other sporting goods company in the world, and we are looking for experienced professionals up to the challenge of filling the available career listed below. At Bell+Giro, you will find a unique corporate culture, with a rapid pace and the freedom to truly express yourself.
We believe that attitude is everything and encourage a safe and open environment where all employees understand their roles, receive honest feedback, contribute ideas, ask questions, learn, grow, and are recognized for their contributions. Working as a team, we take great pride in being Bell+Giro.
Leads the Sales & Operations Planning Process for our Speciality channel to ensure the right product is available at the right time to achieve the overall inventory management objectives while minimizing excess and obsolescence. The S&OP Manager will link the global Sales, Marketing , Finance, and Supply Chain team by communicating sales forecasts, projected inventory levels and demand management plans. They will also provide management with key reports, performance metrics, and assist the organization in the execution of on time new product launches.
• Manage the compilation of data from multiple sources (field input, historical, seasonal, life cycle, etc.) and complete a monthly forecast using SAP data points to develop a consensus forecast by brand and category.
• Develop and implement process and system improvements for the Operations organization using an analytical approach, supported with appropriate data analysis. They will also spearhead SAP enhancements such as APO and AFS grids.
• Lead monthly Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) meetings; ensure inventory levels will meet sales plan as well as corporate inventory objectives to efficiently use working capital.
• Do monthly sales versus forecast analysis for top ten accounts in the USA, and provide an executive summary. Track forecasting accuracy percentage by ABC, XYZ material classification grid for all SKUs.
• Work with supply chain individuals to determine any raw material or external factory capacity issues that may impact demand planning. Perform master scheduling duties for products made by internal factories.
• Develop and maintain safety stock levels based upon balancing cost, customer fill rates and management objectives.
• Report projected impact of demand plans on future inventory levels. Forecast inventory levels for all warehouses across all brands on a monthly basis.
• Conduct monthly excess and obsolete inventory meetings. Generate reports and maintain classifications in SAP.
• Review inventory turns by category and distribution channel, provide reports for trend analysis.
• Assist in the development of new business forecasts. Work closely with Marketing to improve new category forecasting accuracy.
• Track SKU productivity and make recommendations for SKU reductions by brand.
• Track cost savings initiatives and chair monthly value engineering meeting with internal engineering team.
• Take on Sr. Planner/Buyer responsibilities as time allows.
• Collaborate with Inventory teams across the multiple business units to identify opportunities to proactively look for solutions that can benefit the organization as a whole.
• Build yearly inventory budget and track performance in providing revised forecasts on a monthly and quarterly basis.
Education and Training:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other Supply Chain related field.
• Minimum of eight years experience in demand planning, forecasting, purchasing and new product introduction experience. At least three years of management experience required.
• APICS and/or CPIM certified preferred.
• Experience with major ERP systems such as SAP preferred.
• Strong MS Office application skills – Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project and Word
Skills and Abilities:
• Enthusiastic person who embraces and facilitates change with a sense of urgency.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to influence, work effectively and implement solutions in a team environment.
• Extremely organized, detailed oriented and methodical.
• Strong analytical, communication, presentation and time management skills.
• We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Please let us know you found it on Malakye!