The Mission of the Financial Planning Ass-Kicking Analyst is to help the company make well-informed decisions by supplying detailed financial projections, plans, and analysis.
1. Entrepreneurial – Passion for learning and for continuous improvement. Sets initiatives and assumes tolerable levels of risk without constant direction or leadership.
2. Driven – A track record of excellence in everything you do. Consistently under-commits and over-delivers on expectations.
3. Detail Oriented – Makes a conscious effort to understand causes instead of only effects. High accuracy rate of information with very little error.
4. Empathetic – Humble in communication and treatment of others. Identifies with the needs and problems of our customers and leads with conviction.
5. Strategic – Sets vision and creates long-term goals to achieve it.
o Direct the preparation of regular and special budgets and related reports.
o Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with policies and procedures.
o Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement a program. This includes cost-benefit analyses to compare operating programs, review financial requests, and explore alternative financing methods.
o Review operating spend versus budget to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
o Summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds and requests.
o Consult with managers to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes.
o Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation.
o Seek new ways to improve efficiency and increase profits.
o Work with the HR team for accurate and efficient payroll processing.
o Work with the legal team for risk management and contract adherence.
o Assist with special projects as needed.
1. Q2 2021 – build financial reporting templates for financial budgets, cash flow projections, P&Ls, performance marketing returns,
2. Q3 2021 – in conjunction to our CFO and GMs, finalize budgets for all business verticals.
3. Q3 2021 – create cash flow projections for all US operating units
4. Q4 2021 – create financial plans for each vertical to achieve and remain profitable
• Business profitability
• Information accuracy rate
• Cash on hand
Experience, Skills, and Requirements:
• Fundamental knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data including sound understanding of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Knowledgeable about computer hardware and software, including applications and programming available and commonly used in Accounting, Budgeting and Financial Analysis.
• Capable of using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Capable of sound judgment and decision making, including how to estimate and analyze the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Understands the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Able to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
• Understands basic systems Analysis – Can determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
• Capable of complex problem solving -- Can identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions including the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules.
• Strength in analyzing data or information – Can identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Committed to keep up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Ability to work with confidential information of a privately held company.
• Ability to work and communicate well with all levels of staff and management.
• Experience with revenue recognition, stock options, inventory, foreign currency, and other financial reporting requirements.
• B.S. in Accounting or Finance.
• CPA a plus.
• Minimum of 4 years of financial planning experience
FutureStitch is an advanced textile technology company founded by Stance Co-Founder Taylor Shupe and former CTO of Delta Galil, Avi Cohen. FutureStitch’s main purpose is to create premium knitted products through a business model that promotes social and environmental consciousness.
FutureStitch owns several verticals including Stance China LTD, InStitches Inc, Boosocki LLC, Ark Medical LLC, and Golden Willow LTD. FutureStitch also owns a smart factory outside of Shanghai, China.
The culture of FutureStitch can be summarized in the acronym MAGIC--Mastery, Accountability, Gratitude, Inclusivity, and Creativity. We have a semi-holacratic organization with vertical GMs and shared services across the organization.
Besides trying to make the world a better place through practicing responsible capitalism, we like to have a lot of fun. We’re a young organization with a passion for technology, entrepreneurship, and for Memes. Personalities that can handle both working hard and playing hard are highly valued.
We have a rad office in San Clemente near the main pedestrian street, Del Mar, with great food options, a large backyard with a garden, and a surf break in walking distance.